03-27-2016 10:50 AM
552 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Do Not Disturb mode no longer has a location setting like Moto Assist did. (Example: I was able to have my phone automatically go into DND or Priority only mode if I was at work in case I forgot to turn off my ring tone) You can still use Moto Voice when at a specified location. If there is a location setting, I'd love to know how to access it.
    12-09-2015 09:28 AM
    Do Not Disturb mode no longer has a location setting like Moto Assist did. (Example: I was able to have my phone automatically go into DND or Priority only mode if I was at work in case I forgot to turn off my ring tone) You can still use Moto Voice when at a specified location. If there is a location setting, I'd love to know how to access it.
    There isn't and people are exploring alternatives.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=618738

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    12-09-2015 09:32 AM
    My update download stalled at 12% overnight. I cancelled and now when I check for system updates it states I am up to date, yet I am still stuck in lollipop. MotoX Pure Edition. Any suggestions?
    12-09-2015 09:43 AM
    My update download stalled at 12% overnight. I cancelled and now when I check for system updates it states I am up to date, yet I am still stuck in lollipop. MotoX Pure Edition. Any suggestions?
    Do a cache wipe from recovery and check again...
    12-09-2015 09:49 AM
    Maybe try pulling out the sim and trying again.

I try not to cancel the updates as I have seen that before. It should come back but might take awhile.
    12-09-2015 09:52 AM
    I got a message saying Download failed -try again. But in settings it says Your phone is up to date.. Now what?
    Mine popped up again this morning and updated. Just give it a few hours.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-09-2015 10:09 AM
    Mine did it too. Tried wiping cache, pulling SIM, rebooting and nothing worked. It was there to download in the morning. Just let it sit and the update will come back.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-09-2015 10:11 AM
    got mine all updated and my UHS3 32gb card set as internal storage.
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-09-2015 10:15 AM
    And since Moto Connect is gone, Push Bullet has turned into a $40/year deal if you actually want to use it without monthly limits. <sigh>
    12-09-2015 10:18 AM
    On Verizon here in Charlotte, NC - got my update notification yesterday, downloaded and updated over wifi at home in about 1 hour. rocking 6.0 now. will see how batt changes or not, might setup micro sd card as internal storage, not sure yet. where to access doze functionality or is it automatic? sometimes things are hard to find since I'm running nova launcher and a relative newbie to it in place of stock launcher. cheers!
    12-09-2015 10:20 AM
    On Verizon here in Charlotte, NC - got my update notification yesterday, downloaded and updated over wifi at home in about 1 hour. rocking 6.0 now. will see how batt changes or not, might setup micro sd card as internal storage, not sure yet. where to access doze functionality or is it automatic? sometimes things are hard to find since I'm running nova launcher and a relative newbie to it in place of stock launcher. cheers!
    Doze is automatic and OEMs are not allowed to alter the Doze code. If one of the apps does not adhere to Doze it will show under settings.

Checking out Doze and App standby on the Android M Developer Preview | Android Central
    Ry likes this.
    12-09-2015 10:29 AM
    So far, this update absolutely sucks for me:
    4. The option to drag up on the circle at bottom and chose an app is gone now. I used that to turn the display off instead of power button.
    You can use one of "ScreenOff" apps. I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock

You just place it on the screen and press and the screen turns off. Been using it since Gingerbread with no issues on many different phones.

Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)-screenshot_20151208-074554.png
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-09-2015 10:38 AM
    Downloading now "Cricket"
    12-09-2015 10:44 AM
    Another thing to note with doze: Active Display will not interrupt doze. The only time that Doze fully cuts out is when the phone is moved in any way. Waving your hand over the display will not turn off doze, nor will doze shut off when a notification comes in and the display kicks in.

I've also seen some times when my phone is sitting on the desk and the notification comes in I can press on the icon to get the preview and Doze still keeps going unless I unlock the phone or move it enough.
    dmark44 and mamawM like this.
    12-09-2015 10:46 AM
    Downloading now. I'm on AT&T.
    12-09-2015 11:07 AM
    Another thing to note with doze: Active Display will not interrupt doze. The only time that Doze fully cuts out is when the phone is moved in any way. Waving your hand over the display will not turn off doze, nor will doze shut off when a notification comes in and the display kicks in.

I've also seen some times when my phone is sitting on the desk and the notification comes in I can press on the icon to get the preview and Doze still keeps going unless I unlock the phone or move it enough.
    How do you know Doze is still active? I had a Nexus 5 2013 with 6.0 and I have a Nexus 9 and I can't tell when Doze is active.
    12-09-2015 11:19 AM
    Those on T-Mobile who pulled the SIM to download - any gotchas to know about? Is Band 12 working or no? WIll do it tonight if all is well.
    12-09-2015 11:45 AM
    Those on T-Mobile who pulled the SIM to download - any gotchas to know about? Is Band 12 working or no? WIll do it tonight if all is well.
    How do I check??
    12-09-2015 11:49 AM
    How do you know Doze is still active? I had a Nexus 5 2013 with 6.0 and I have a Nexus 9 and I can't tell when Doze is active.
    When you check the battery stats you'll almost no drain. I leave my phone on my work desk all day and once day I just let it sit for 4 or 5 hours without touching it other then waving my hand over the phone or poking at the screen notification and I barely lost any battery (1% I think) and the battery chart showed an almost totally horizontal line.

That is pretty much the only way to know that doze has kicked in as far as I know.
    Ry and Stanley Kubrick like this.
    12-09-2015 12:03 PM
    And since Moto Connect is gone, Push Bullet has turned into a $40/year deal if you actually want to use it without monthly limits. <sigh>
    Never worked with the Moto X Pure Edition though, right?
    12-09-2015 12:33 PM
    So far, this update absolutely sucks for me:

1. exFAT 200GB card did not work and forced to format FAT32: Wrong: exFAT again, but still forced to reformat and start over with it
    2. Windows explorer does not see internal or external storage in any computer or laptop I tried (it did show them before for drag and drop). It shows the icon for the device, but no drives. Wrong: MTP needs to be chosen with MM
    3. Equalizer is gone and sound quality is now flat. No option for headphone or speakers now. Sound not as good without the setting options.
    4. The option to drag up on the circle at bottom and chose an app is gone now. I used that to turn the display off instead of power button.

Added: Item 2 is a Marshmallow issue and you have to pick MTP now. Jeepers. The other three still suck. Sorry for being cranky, but the 200GB card issue and equalizer setting gone tick me off.

That is what I have found so far.
    #3 annoys me the most. Step backwards IMHO. May have to revert to an app I used on an old phone. When I received the Pure (5.1.1), it was great to see those controls in the Sound settings so I could eliminate another unneeded app. (sigh)
    12-09-2015 12:35 PM
    #3 annoys me the most. Step backwards IMHO. May have to revert to an app I used on an old phone. When I received the Pure (5.1.1), it was great to see those controls in the Sound settings so I could eliminate another unneeded app. (sigh)
    Agreed, I never even really found an app that I liked either... boo.
    12-09-2015 12:42 PM

You can select which apps are optimized and which aren't. Go into battery, and then battery optimization. Click all apps, and unselect the motorola apps.
    12-09-2015 12:42 PM
    Never worked with the Moto X Pure Edition though, right?
    Push Bullet works great. I even had a friend who bought the XPE, too, start using it. It is a very cool app but I just can't see myself spending $40 for it.
    12-09-2015 12:47 PM
    Saw a link about this update and someone with a T mobile remove his sim and then did the updated and got it! Just did the same thing and Im DL 6.0 now.
    12-09-2015 12:48 PM
552 ... 910111213 ...