Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ughhhh I wish I waited to update. SwiftKey font is all bold and weird and the first thing I saw when I turned on my phone was this lovely message from Nova

On the plus side, there is no more delay when swiping to close apps!

Attachments

• 1449628263148.jpg
    1449628263148.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 72

bdlacy

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the Moto X Pure Edition (2015) and have been checking for the update several times a day. When I saw this article, I decided to try removing the AT&T SIM card just to see if it made any difference... After powering the phone back on after removing the SIM, I checked for the update and it immediately found it and I am installing it as I type. I did not have to FDR.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ughhhh I wish I waited to update. SwiftKey font is all bold and weird and the first thing I saw when I turned on my phone was this lovely message from Nova

So Nova won't play nice with MM at all? It's my favorite launcher so now I'm not sure I should do the update.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

Just finished updating, but now I keep getting a notification from Google Play Services saying that I need to update it in order for it to run, but everytime I click on the notification it takes me to the play store listing for Google Play Services and there isn't an update available.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Just finished updating, but now I keep getting a notification from Google Play Services saying that I need to update it in order for it to run, but everytime I click on the notification it takes me to the play store listing for Google Play Services and there isn't an update available.

Leave it alone for a bit.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Go into Nova's settings, under gestures, and set swipe down to "none", problem solved.

Posted via the Android Central App

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Finally getting around to installing the update. I'm excited! I feel sorry for my friend who has a Moto X 2nd Gen for Verizon. It's looking like he is going to have to wait for the official update since he hasn't been notified that any update is available.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Go into Nova's settings, under gestures, and set swipe down to "none", problem solved.

Haha, I wouldn't call that problem solved. I have been using that gesture for half a decade to open my notifications. On this especially large phone, I use that gesture even more now, and exclusively when using the phone one handed.

It turns out if you swipe down twice it will expand normally, so I'll just have to suck it up and train myself to do that instead.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So far a bet negative for me.

200gb card no longer works and os is telling me to format as portable or adaptive. Sucks.

That's strange, as I haven't seen any prompt like that since I've updated. I have a 64 GB Samsung card, what about you? Perhaps try ejecting it to reset it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

So far, this update absolutely sucks for me:

1. exFAT 200GB card did not work and forced to format FAT32: Wrong: exFAT again, but still forced to reformat and start over with it
2. Windows explorer does not see internal or external storage in any computer or laptop I tried (it did show them before for drag and drop). It shows the icon for the device, but no drives. Wrong: MTP needs to be chosen with MM
3. Equalizer is gone and sound quality is now flat. No option for headphone or speakers now. Sound not as good without the setting options.
4. The option to drag up on the circle at bottom and chose an app is gone now. I used that to turn the display off instead of power button.

Added: Item 2 is a Marshmallow issue and you have to pick MTP now. Jeepers. The other three still suck. Sorry for being cranky, but the 200GB card issue and equalizer setting gone tick me off.

That is what I have found so far.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you connect to your WIFI connection.
It was. All apps worked except the phone. I even got 3 app updates, just not the Marshmallow update.

ac0a538c7a9e3eddfb18c6c816c1428c.jpg

34514472fdab00662095c871635fd385.jpg

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

I havent got it, but i was under the impression tmobile and at&t werent getting it for a few days...

Android Central app on Moto X Pure

Just take out SIM and reboot/ try again

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
My update got stuck downloading at 26%. . I cancelled it and now it says my software is up to date. Tried pulling SIM and rebooted, didn't help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy