Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

jamoreno72

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Moto X Pure Edition restarts constantly since installing 6.0. battery is hot. battery bot was showing 115 degrees F. Pulled SIM and reinstalled on my old MOTO X so i can make calls but my calendars are F'ed Up now. Any help with Moto X pure 6.0 Fix?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Moto X Pure Edition restarts constantly since installing 6.0. battery is hot. battery bot was showing 115 degrees F. Pulled SIM and reinstalled on my old MOTO X so i can make calls but my calendars are F'ed Up now. Any help with Moto X pure 6.0 Fix?
I haven't had anything like that. I'd suggest doing a factory reset.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile customer and did the old pull the sim card trick and using nexus 6 as a hotspot, I got a notification that an update was available. I was about to factory reset my phone until I saw that notification. I'm still probably going to do a factory reset to make sure everything goes okay and to clear space since I have the 16 GB model. Can't wait to test my 128 GB micro SD and download tons of movies, games, apps, and music.

Since I didn't factory reset my phone I wonder if T-Mobile I starting to push out the update. Could just be coincidence.

Posted via the Android Central App

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
So far I am not impressed with MM and notice no improvements, but do notice:

1. Connecting to a PC is more of a pain now

It appears that each time you connect to a PC, it automatically connects in charging mode, and you have to pull down the notification which will say "USB for charging," touch that and change to MTP mode. The first time I connected to my PC, the phone was not recognized at all. I had to open Control Panel, Device Manager, find the XT1575 under Portable Devices (which showed the little yellow triangle with exclamation point icon), right click on it, and choose uninstall. I then disconnected the phone, reconnected it to the computer, and (presumably new) drivers for the phone were installed. Now the PC recognizes it after I pull down the notification and change to MTP mode. So, yes, one more step, but not that big a pain.

So far everything else I use seems to be working just fine.

Bitvar

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else getting a "Play Services Must Be Updated" error constantly, with an option to update them, but when you click on it the only option is deactivate? Extremely frustrating.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else getting a "Play Services Must Be Updated" error constantly, with an option to update them, but when you click on it the only option is deactivate? Extremely frustrating.

This happened for about an hour then I finally got the update.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
T-Mobile customer and did the old pull the sim card trick and using nexus 6 as a hotspot, I got a notification that an update was available. I was about to factory reset my phone until I saw that notification. I'm still probably going to do a factory reset to make sure everything goes okay and to clear space since I have the 16 GB model. Can't wait to test my 128 GB micro SD and download tons of movies, games, apps, and music.

Since I didn't factory reset my phone I wonder if T-Mobile I starting to push out the update. Could just be coincidence.

Posted via the Android Central App

Which card did you get? I have heard of people having issues with some of the SD cards.

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
After the update, unless I am in the same room as the router, my wi-fi constantly disconnects. It'll keep switching back and forth between wi-fi and LTE. If I am at the opposite end of the house, wi-fi won't connect at all, even if I can see that there's a signal.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
After the update, unless I am in the same room as the router, my wi-fi constantly disconnects. It'll keep switching back and forth between wi-fi and LTE. If I am at the opposite end of the house, wi-fi won't connect at all, even if I can see that there's a signal.

My home Wifi works ok, but I have issues with other Wifi networks doing the same. There seem to be plenty of WiFi bugs in MM; hopefully google gets on it quick as opposed to all the Lollipop crap that took a year to fix.

jamoreno72

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Tried to Factory reset but the phone restarts before it can take affect. I let the battery drain to 0% overnight. If the factory reset doesn't work soon, I'll be forced to return the phone to Motorola and become a disgruntled customer until I get a refund. I've only had the phone for 2 weeks. was happy with it, now I'm stuck using my old Moto X and thinking, "hmmm. This one wasn't ready for retirement after all."

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Tried to Factory reset but the phone restarts before it can take affect. I let the battery drain to 0% overnight. If the factory reset doesn't work soon, I'll be forced to return the phone to Motorola and become a disgruntled customer until I get a refund. I've only had the phone for 2 weeks. was happy with it, now I'm stuck using my old Moto X and thinking, "hmmm. This one wasn't ready for retirement after all."

Why are you trying to do a factory reset? I didn't look back to see what your issue is.

maestreaux

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
The new wallpapers that come with Marshmallow do look right when I set them. They are zoomed in and cropped off and there is no way to adjust them? Like the pyramid or grand canyon shot. anyone else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2