03-27-2016 10:50 AM
552 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Found app causing all my headaches in other apps.. Cm security.. Soon as I uninstalled it my other apps are now working properly..

Posted via the Android Central App
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-22-2015 04:44 PM
    Glad you found the root of your problems.

12-22-2015 04:50 PM
    I just got my update last night. I am near Seattle on T-Mobile. Woof Woof

12-23-2015 08:33 AM
    I just got my update last night. I am near Seattle on T-Mobile. Woof Woof

Seattle doesn't matter though.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    12-23-2015 01:13 PM
    It didn't sound like a critique to me, Ry. He's complaining others are posting things here that should be in another thread.

I'm not critiquing anyone. Just curious what's going on with that.
    If you have issues with any moderator's actions, please take them up with that moderator or Assassin Droid, the Moderator Team Leader, via PM and NOT within the thread itself.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-23-2015 01:16 PM
    Second gen (2014) moto X pure edition on AT&T.

Haven't gotten my update yet. Pulled SIM card and still nothing. Any suggestions on this?

I really wish they would just make an official moto X update tool for the computer. Just plug it in and go.
    This thread is for the third gen/2015 model.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-23-2015 01:17 PM
    If you have issues with any moderator's actions, please take them up with that moderator or Assassin Droid, the Moderator Team Leader, via PM and NOT within the thread itself.

Maybe I misunderstood the original comment but I took it to mean Ry was the only one doing it correct.

12-23-2015 01:41 PM
    Yeah, those Applock enabled apps don't work too well in conjunction with SELinux from what I have heard. It screws with Google's permissions and they dont play well together.
    I run Trust Go, but do not enable any app protection. That is what phone code or swipe security is for It will only scan when I trigger it. I don't let it run on its own.
    12-23-2015 05:17 PM
    Yeah, those Applock enabled apps don't work too well in conjunction with SELinux from what I have heard. It screws with Google's permissions and they dont play well together.
    I run Trust Go, but do not enable any app protection. That is what phone code or swipe security is for It will only scan when I trigger it. I don't let it run on its own.
    I'm finding the bugs most are experiencing are not motos fault or even marshmallow.. The app developers have not updated most apps for marshmallow or checked them to see if they will function with mm. Google should filter out all the apps until the developers get them mm ready..

12-23-2015 05:49 PM
    I'm finding the bugs most are experiencing are not motos fault or even marshmallow.. The app developers have not updated most apps for marshmallow or checked them to see if they will function with mm. Google should filter out all the apps until the developers get them mm ready..

Most major apps are. I have been using my 6P with all the apps I normally use without a hiccup.
    MotoXr likes this.
    12-23-2015 06:52 PM
    I seen your other thread about sms problems..etc
    I would highly suggest a factory reset if this continues or you see faint occurrence because they will only grow worse. All your apps and contacts are backed up via google so you'll only lose your saved log in and data info for apps.
    12-23-2015 07:34 PM
    You might want to wait on upgrading to mm.. So damn buggy, and crashing, now my WiFi is glitching out and won't connect or stay connected, the radios are starting to randomly switch between lte and hh.. This is nuts.. Heck.. Took three attempts to even be able to post this.. It kept saying I wasn't logged into the forums.. I'm going to have to root this just to go back to roll it back to a lolipop rom... Grrrrrr

12-24-2015 11:56 AM
    I feel your frustration. I was in the same boat last year. After the lollipop update my 2014 Moto X was more or less unusable. This year, however, my experience has been flawless. I wish I could offer a solution.

12-24-2015 12:02 PM
    I feel your frustration. I was in the same boat last year. After the lollipop update my 2014 Moto X was more or less unusable. This year, however, my experience has been flawless. I wish I could offer a solution.

Unusable is definitely the feeling here.. Wonder why yours has no issues?

12-24-2015 12:06 PM
    I've had four random reboots since updating. Had none on lollipop.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure
    12-24-2015 12:23 PM
    I've had four random reboots since updating. Had none on lollipop.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure
    Lolipop was very nice, very stable.. I really wish I had waited to update until others worked out the bugs in mm

12-24-2015 12:41 PM
    That really stinks, both my wife's and mine are on MM and have not had any issues. I wonder why some seen to have issues and some not; could it be an app conflict of some type?
    Ntchwaidumela and Uncle Louie like this.
    12-24-2015 12:45 PM
    No clue all I know is its bad.. Since the problems with WiFi and radio started a few hours ago my phone is hot to the touch and the battery is draining like there is no tomorrow.. Look at this

Attached Thumbnails Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)-25554.jpg  
    12-24-2015 12:55 PM
    Tap the chart and show us a screen shot of that ... I'm gonna guess poor signal area.
    12-24-2015 01:01 PM
    Tap the chart and show us a screen shot of that ... I'm gonna guess poor signal area.

Lte area.. Should be great coverage.. Like I said few hours ago the radios begain going wonky.. WiFi and cell.. Could hold onto WiFi signal. And the radios kept switching from lte to h and completely going out while my iPhone for work right next to it, on the same carrier has a strong signal

Attached Thumbnails Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)-25559.jpg  
    12-24-2015 01:10 PM
    Not the shot I meant, but I'm used to VZW's strong signal everywhere I go around here ... which carrier?
    12-24-2015 01:56 PM
    Hate to hear so many are having problems with the 6.0 upgrade. Mine has been the smoothest Android upgrade I have ever installed. Did the upgrade, performed a factory reset and wiped the cache partition from recovery post-upgrade. My battery life has been around 20% better on Marshmallow.

Moto X 2015 PE + AC App
    12-24-2015 01:57 PM
    Hate to hear so many are having problems with the 6.0 upgrade. Mine has been the smoothest Android upgrade I have ever installed. Did the upgrade, performed a factory reset and wiped the cache partition from recovery post-upgrade. My battery life has been around 20% better on Marshmallow.

Moto X 2015 PE + AC App
    You should not have to go out boot loader or recovery to us use the ota update..

12-24-2015 02:02 PM
    I have been using MM for awhile .Im happy with my battery .I hate to hear of others having issues to.Here is the screenshot Tom was asking to see btw .I havent had any issues on MM yet. Is your phone showing awake alot in the graph when your not using it ?
    12-24-2015 02:25 PM
    I'm loving MM on my Nexus 6. A great upgrade for me. Sorry to hear other folks have had issues.
    12-24-2015 02:29 PM
552 ... 1718192021 ...