03-27-2016 11:50 AM
552 1234 ...
tools
    It's a shame because Migrate is actually a very easy-to-use and very handy app.
    Migrate was very useful last week, setting up MXPE from my 2013 Moto X!

Last night I finally factory reset the 2013 and used Migrate to repopulate it. I'm hoping to see if it is smoother and less buggy after a reset! Age and Lollipop have brought some bugs recently.
    11-12-2015 10:10 PM
    I didn't purchase my Nexus 6 from AT&T. I purchased my unlocked non-carrier Nexus 6 from Motorola, just like the unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2013 phone I bought from Motorola and unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2014 phone and unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2015 phone. The 2014 X and Nexus 6 both had OTA update issues because i used them with AT&T. Hopefully the 2015 OTA ends this streak.....
    11-12-2015 11:36 PM
    I've been on Marshmallow for some time due to the Test Drive Motorola was doing. I like what they have done to this phone. I'm sure everyone else will like it as well. And yes, it does include the November security patch.
    jephanie, 312MotoGus and dmark44 like this.
    11-13-2015 08:11 AM
    I've been on Marshmallow for some time due to the Test Drive Motorola was doing. I like what they have done to this phone. I'm sure everyone else will like it as well. And yes, it does include the November security patch.
    Is battery noticeably better? I had it on my Nexus 6 and I can say that 6.0 added 30-40% better battery than Lollipop. Now I'm on a pure and kind of miss the amazing battery life I was getting.
    11-13-2015 08:30 AM
    Is battery noticeably better? I had it on my Nexus 6 and I can say that 6.0 added 30-40% better battery than Lollipop. Now I'm on a pure and kind of miss the amazing battery life I was getting.
    You will see similar results using Doze on the Pure Edition as you were seeing on the Nexus 6 after it got 6.0.
    dmark44, NickB2005 and jephanie like this.
    11-13-2015 09:01 AM
    Is Band 12 active?

[REQ]Motorola Android 6.0 Soak Test - Post #20 - XDA Forums
    11-13-2015 09:28 AM
    If you saw an improvement with the Nexus, you'll see the same with the Moto... provided your usage is the same (if you are out running about, Doze won't kick in all that often*)

* If you are rooted, there are a few Doze config apps that allow you to fuss with the timeouts and whether it cares if you are moving around or not FYI
    11-13-2015 11:47 AM
    I didn't purchase my Nexus 6 from AT&T. I purchased my unlocked non-carrier Nexus 6 from Motorola, just like the unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2013 phone I bought from Motorola and unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2014 phone and unlocked non-carrier Moto X 2015 phone. The 2014 X and Nexus 6 both had OTA update issues because i used them with AT&T. Hopefully the 2015 OTA ends this streak.....
    I don't have a Nexus 6 but I've never had trouble updating my OnePlus One or Moto X 2014 Pure Edition that have only been used on AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2015 12:28 PM
    I have Verizon. I can't verify if Band 12 is active. Sorry
    11-13-2015 01:35 PM
    I have Verizon. I can't verify if Band 12 is active. Sorry
    Install LTE Discovery and see what band you are connected too. Not sure it works that way with Verizon. Also are you in a Band 12 area?
    11-13-2015 01:38 PM
    Maybe a stupid question but does Doze mess with Moto's notifications? I love that about my Moto and dont want to lose the screen pulsing when a new text or email comes in.

Does 6.0 allow you to turn on the LED notifications? I know on my 5X it was turned off by default but easily enabled under the menu options.
    11-13-2015 01:47 PM
    Maybe a stupid question but does Doze mess with Moto's notifications? I love that about my Moto and dont want to lose the screen pulsing when a new text or email comes in.

Does 6.0 allow you to turn on the LED notifications? I know on my 5X it was turned off by default but easily enabled under the menu options.
    I think Motorola disables the LED in their build. As for Doze and Moto notifications I am not sure.
    11-13-2015 02:08 PM
    Install LTE Discovery and see what band you are connected too. Not sure it works that way with Verizon. Also are you in a Band 12 area?
    Verizon uses bands 2, 4, and 13 so you won't see a band 12 show up with a verizon sim.
    VoltaicShock and jephanie like this.
    11-13-2015 02:12 PM

Doze does not mess with Moto Display; it'll still work. As far as I can tell Moto display does not really cause the phone to fully wake up.
    11-13-2015 04:04 PM
    Last night I got a notification on my pc that Moto connect will quit working on chrome this month so I figured the marshmallow release must be imminent.

I had issues with Moto Connect awhile back so I started using Air Droid. Does Marshmallow have something built in that does something similar? I just got my HTC A9 and have been playing around with it but have not seen anything like that.
    11-13-2015 04:24 PM
    Android marshmallow looks promising
    11-13-2015 09:13 PM
    Android marshmallow looks promising
    It brings some much needed improvements to lollipop in my opinion.

11-14-2015 12:31 AM
    About 2-3 weeks ago a link on Google now popped up saying a closed pre like soak test was going on for 6.0 on moto x pure/style.

That's probably what that was about but seems like it's partially confirmed. The guy who posted that got scolded too, guess he wasn't supposed to.

Also found this on moto forums.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/cab8687a11?page=17

Forum manager is saying it's coming and so is someone else. Doesn't guarantee it's in this 6.0 software update but that it will come. I bet in a week or two we'll probably know if it's in the pure 6.0 update.

Also I heard that the November security patch will be in 6.0 for moto x pure and moto g (2015).

Still haven't decided between this and the 6P but knowing that band 12 is coming makes it harder since 6P is working on it too. Nice to be able to complain over "choice".

dmark44 and jephanie like this.
    11-14-2015 10:06 PM
    About 2-3 weeks ago a link on Google now popped up saying a closed pre like soak test was going on for 6.0 on moto x pure/style.

That's probably what that was about but seems like it's partially confirmed. The guy who posted that got scolded too, guess he wasn't supposed to.

Also found this on moto forums.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/cab8687a11?page=17

Forum manager is saying it's coming and so is someone else. Doesn't guarantee it's in this 6.0 software update but that it will come. I bet in a week or two we'll probably know if it's in the pure 6.0 update.

Also I heard that the November security patch will be in 6.0 for moto x pure and moto g (2015).

Still haven't decided between this and the 6P but knowing that band 12 is coming makes it harder since 6P is working on it too. Nice to be able to complain over "choice".

It has been confirmed that 6.0 enables Band 12

https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchust...ts/KfeLZerX4Ua
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-14-2015 11:35 PM
    It has been confirmed that 6.0 enables Band 12

https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchust...ts/KfeLZerX4Ua
    Oh my god. Thank you so much. Never thought to follow them on google+. Kudos to them possibly getting it out before Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P too. I'm glad they clarified the fate for the other phones knew that was coming. Just got a 128 GB SD Card on sale at best buy either for the moto g (2015) or possibly moto x pure (2015). Can't wait for adoptable storage. Thank you for the link.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-15-2015 07:01 PM
    What does band 12 exactly do?
    11-16-2015 08:52 AM
    11-16-2015 09:10 AM
    Oh my god. Thank you so much. Never thought to follow them on google+. Kudos to them possibly getting it out before Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P too. I'm glad they clarified the fate for the other phones knew that was coming. Just got a 128 GB SD Card on sale at best buy either for the moto g (2015) or possibly moto x pure (2015). Can't wait for adoptable storage. Thank you for the link.
    Yeah this is great news. Now to just get 6.0 on my Pure lol
    11-16-2015 09:10 AM
    Folks be careful with the adoptable storage, since it is encrypted and treats storage as one. This means you will have problems if using a cheap card or want to pull the card out for whatever reason. An example would be if wanting to increase storage size of the card. You will have to pretty much start from scratch if you do. Best to get the max size now, rather than afterwards. You can not simply transfer the content to another card. You have to reinstall everything.

I got the 64GB MXPE, so will not assimilate my card as one with the Borg- er, Android storage. My 200GB card is staying as media only. Cleaner that way IMO
    11-16-2015 09:15 AM
    Folks be careful with the adoptable storage, since it is encrypted and treats storage as one. This means you will have problems if using a cheap card or want to pull the card out for whatever reason. An example would be if wanting to increase storage size of the card. You will have to pretty much start from scratch if you do. Best to get the max size now, rather than afterwards. You can not simply transfer the content to another card. You have to reinstall everything.

I got the 64GB MXPE, so will not assimilate my card as one with the Borg- er, Android storage. My 200GB card is staying as media only. Cleaner that way IMO
    Thanks, that's good info!

I got 64 GB internal, too - plenty of room for me. I plan to do the same as you with my 64 GB Sandisk Extreme SD Card...keep it as separate media and back-up storage.
    11-16-2015 10:38 AM
552 1234 ...