Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

jamoreno72

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Why are you trying to do a factory reset? I didn't look back to see what your issue is.

My Moto X Pure Edition is constantly restarting and going through boot up animation. Sometimes after this happens, if I try to access settings, the screens overlap, but do not close back (up.) Then I am forced to power off/on to do anything at which point the restart happens again, usually as I am making headway at uninstalling would be troublesome apps or attempting the aforementioned reset...Do you have any advice. I am not quite as savvy as most members here seem to be. I just joined to get information about upgrades when I received my Moto X Pure...

enlight311

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Being on AT&T hasn't stopped my Moto x PE (2015) from getting the OTA Marshmallow update. Got my update on the 9th. My phone is not rooted or unlocked.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Being on AT&T hasn't stopped my Moto x PE (2015) from getting the OTA Marshmallow update. Got my update on the 9th. My phone is not rooted or unlocked.

The build was officially released to AT&T users shortly after.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

jamoreno72

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
External Factory Reset and did not port all Apps from Moto X 1st gen. Installed apps separately through Play Store and put all email accounts through Gmail as exchanges. No unexpected restarts or glitches for 12 hours...

mhmmdy123

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

Motorola X Pure Edition came with most features Android 6.0 has, I didn't see much new features.

Last edited:

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
What app are you using for SMS/MMS?

Google Hangouts!
After trying stock messaging app and Google messenger, I was surprised to see that hangouts do also SMS, and do it better that the above two apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

zzzz8

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and I still haven't gotten the OTA yet, even when I checked on System Updates on my phone. This is very frustrating. Yes, I know I can pull my SIM card and try to get the OTA over wifi, but I have that nagging feeling that there's a reason why Moto hasn't pushed out the update to phones with TMob SIMs for a reason. So I'm a little reluctant to install Marshmallow right now.

Is there an official reason why TMobile users haven't been pushed Marshmallow yet???

Luis Barahona

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I installed it works fine just some dumb bugs like volume toggle notification not disappearing after pressed. But nothing serious I haven't seen anything serious. Also, I've heard tmobile enable band 12 for the moto x pure edition.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I had to do an FDR. I had double ringtones listed and some other strangeness. Fixed it right up.

I had to do an FDR too, but I usually do one anyways after a major update. I had the Google Play error and a OneDrive error that wouldn't go away as well as a couple of other small issues, like my PowerToggles not working, but the FDR fixed everything right up. My battery life seems about the same as before, if not a bit better. So far so good with Marshmallow.

shinytoy

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
What about the icons? some feature the with ratio that N6P has, forgot exactly what...
was thought MM would bring that to the MXPE too. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Since updating to 6.0 (t mobile) I am not able to receive or sent pic with Messengers. No issue with Textra just messengers. I am still able to sent/receive texts on Messengers but no pictures. I FC and delete data and reboot and still.....Anyone else? Thinking about doing a factory reset.

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I installed it works fine just some dumb bugs like volume toggle notification not disappearing after pressed. But nothing serious I haven't seen anything serious. Also, I've heard tmobile enable band 12 for the moto x pure edition.
I've got this bug and some serious memory issues after a lot of uptime.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

It goes away. Just takes too long.

SMARTPHONEPC

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and I still haven't gotten the OTA yet, even when I checked on System Updates on my phone. This is very frustrating. Yes, I know I can pull my SIM card and try to get the OTA over wifi, but I have that nagging feeling that there's a reason why Moto hasn't pushed out the update to phones with TMob SIMs for a reason. So I'm a little reluctant to install Marshmallow right now.

Is there an official reason why TMobile users haven't been pushed Marshmallow yet???

Same concern I raised at XDA ("Any reason not to update to Android 6M on MXP"-can't link yet) but these forums seem to have more activity on this, would really appreciate some feedback from T-Mobile users with the MXP as to whether install it or wait..

Comments at technobuffalo.com/2015/12/09/moto-x-pure-android-marMoto X Pure Android Marshmallow update arrives suggested the T-Mobile OTA delay is part of a balanced roll-out or is there a more functional issue for the OTA delay?

I also don't want Wi-Fi+browser issues so would appreciate hearing from T-Mobile MXP users as to whether they are satisfied with the update on T-Mobile network & mixed Wi-Fi environments because we'd obviously like the update unless there really are issues that outweigh the benefits..

- Thnx :cool:

Last edited:

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Since updating to 6.0 (t mobile) I am not able to receive or sent pic with Messengers. No issue with Textra just messengers. I am still able to sent/receive texts on Messengers but no pictures. I FC and delete data and reboot and still.....Anyone else? Thinking about doing a factory reset.

A factory reset probably wont' fix this. It seems to be an issue with 6.0. Also I think MMS works when you are not connected to WiFi. I remember this bug from KitKat. Google had to release a fix for it then as well

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
A factory reset probably wont' fix this. It seems to be an issue with 6.0. Also I think MMS works when you are not connected to WiFi. I remember this bug from KitKat. Google had to release a fix for it then as well

Was this an intermittent issue or 100% reproducible?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Google Messenger or Motorola's Messages app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2