Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

My Unlocked purchased directly from Motorola Nexus 6 which used to have an AT&T SIM in it is not OTA updating to Marshmallow. I am not alone in this. I currently have a MOTO Pure 2015 and I have had my Nexus 6 sitting on my desk for 3 weeks now with NO SIM card in it, performing FDR's every day and coming back up on WIFI only and yet STILL NO OTA for Marshmallow while others have had it for a month, again this is an unlocked direct from Moto Nexus 6 with absolutely nothing to do with AT&T other than its use on the network before the MXPE. I believe the problem has been narrowed down to Nexus phones which received the LMY48W build while on the AT&T network at some point in their use in the last year. If you would like to peruse some of the posts on the Nexus 6 page regarding this issue here is a link. http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-6/596946-finally-6-0-ota.html

here is hoping that my MXPE (currently in use with AT&T) updates to Marshmallow on my phone as fast as every one else once the OTA starts, I think it will.

..sucks that you guys have been having these issues.

..but it would be hilarious if a customer using the Moto X Pure Edition on AT&T got an OTA to Marshmallow before a customer using a Nexus 6 on AT&T...

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

..sucks that you guys have been having these issues.

..but it would be hilarious if a customer using the Moto X Pure Edition on AT&T got an OTA to Marshmallow before a customer using a Nexus 6 on AT&T...

I'll follow-up what happens :)

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site

..sucks that you guys have been having these issues. ..but it would be hilarious if a customer using the Moto X Pure Edition on AT&T got an OTA to Marshmallow before a customer using a Nexus 6 on AT&T...

It would not surprise me at all if my MXPE gets it before the Nexus 6, I just hope the OTA comes to us AT&T unlocked Pure users quickly and more importantly without having to resort to the dreaded FDR Sim pull......

PeltFrelken

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Will Marshmallow allow for the MXPE to utilize the Notification Light? (without rooting)

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Will Marshmallow allow for the MXPE to utilize the Notification Light? (without rooting)

It's not in the Moto X Style release notes that are now publicly available so I doubt it will be in the Moto X Pure Edition.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Got an update on the Nexus 6 today, but it was just the Nov security update to 5.1.1 LMY48Y

Makes you wonder how Google has lost control over their own devices like this.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

I think I might have already said this somewhere, so forgive if I have, but my husband just got his Nexus 6 last week, new from Verizon so its a carrier edition, and it updated to 6.0 within 3 hours of activating it. Why would that be? Anybody else on Verizon have it?

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

I think I might have already said this somewhere, so forgive if I have, but my husband just got his Nexus 6 last week, new from Verizon so its a carrier edition, and it updated to 6.0 within 3 hours of activating it. Why would that be? Anybody else on Verizon have it?

My understanding is that only at&t and T-Mobile are blocking it.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Still don't have it on my N6 on VZW.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

My understanding is that only at&t and T-Mobile are blocking it.

T-Mobile just released the OTA....

Not sure what the issue is... I've used the main 6.0 branch since launch without any issues and Wifi Calling, VoLTE, Band 12... they all work. Even VoLTE ON band 12 works.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Folks be careful with the adoptable storage, since it is encrypted and treats storage as one. This means you will have problems if using a cheap card or want to pull the card out for whatever reason. An example would be if wanting to increase storage size of the card. You will have to pretty much start from scratch if you do. Best to get the max size now, rather than afterwards. You can not simply transfer the content to another card. You have to reinstall everything.

I got the 64GB MXPE, so will not assimilate my card as one with the Borg- er, Android storage. My 200GB card is staying as media only. Cleaner that way IMO :)

So glad I sent back the 16gig and came a lil extra out the pocket for 64gig.. I live sd cards but the extra breathing room lets me sleep easy at night

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Is it bad that I have the 16GB version then? :/ because I've had 16GB phones and have never had a problem..

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Is it bad that I have the 16GB version then? :/ because I've had 16GB phones and have never had a problem..

I have a 16 GB, last phone was a 32GB Maxx. I have a 128 GB SanDisk SD card for photos, and what little music and media I keep on the phone. I have about 3GB of space on the onboard memory. I have had zero problems, especially any that I can trace to or suspect are memory related.

Posted from my XT1575

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

I have a 16 GB, last phone was a 32GB Maxx. I have a 128 GB SanDisk SD card for photos, and what little music and media I keep on the phone. I have about 3GB of space on the onboard memory. I have had zero problems, especially any that I can trace to or suspect are memory related.

Posted from my XT1575
I'm in the exact same boat, except with a 32GB SD card. Also no issues to report other than I find that clearing my cache storage from time to time gives me an extra GB of internal storage. Once merged, that should no longer be necessary/beneficial as I'll have 48GB total.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm excited to merge an SD card on my phone 😁

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
6.0 OTA seems to be happening now

Users on Reddit and XDA have both reported prompts for the OTA. Cross your fingers for a quick rollout folks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz