Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

Updated on sprint. No issues so far except for losing some Moto features.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

No love for T-Mobile and at&t :(

It seems only Apple is immune to this.

Found it.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=en&t=1010010

I have some news with respect to our Android Marshmallow 6.0 upgrades.

This afternoon we have started to fully rollout Android Marshmallow 6.0 on 2015 Moto X Pure Edition (3rd Gen) with the following carriers; Verizon, Sprint and USC.

In addition, we have started the soak test period in Brazil and India retail for the 2015 Moto X Play and in Brazil retail for the 2015 Moto X Force.

We are continuing to work to rollout Android Marshmallow 6.0 to the previously announced devices as listed on the Official Motorola Blog.

Thanks and enjoy!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I've seem many posts that folks have simply removed the sim card, used wifi and got the OTA. Are you concerned about Band 12 or wifi calling?

My System version is 24.11.18.clark_retus.retus.en.US retus

It'll be interesting to see what that shows once an official OTA is pushed/pulled by a T-Mo customer.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm all updated! I'm on Verizon. Only took about 20 mins start to finish.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Moto X Pure

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Finished installing the update about an hour and a half ago. I didn't have major performance issues with my Moto on Lollipop but the MM update appears to have fixed issues where there was some lag/jankiness.

1) Transition from Home to Google Now is smoother now. Sometimes on Lollipop it would microstutter.
2) Motorola fixed the horrid Call History lag in the phone app. They actually changed the UI completely for Call History now and it is smooth.
3) Google Messenger now seems smoother when scrolling through message list.

All in all, this has been a great update so far. Everything works as well as before that I have tested.

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having "wifi connection failure" with all their network after the update? Also tried to connect to hotspot, but it only stay connected for around 5 seconds, then disconnects as a webpage loads.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've seem many posts that folks have simply removed the sim card, used wifi and got the OTA. Are you concerned about Band 12 or wifi calling?

My System version is 24.11.18.clark_retus.retus.en.US retus

It'll be interesting to see what that shows once an official OTA is pushed/pulled by a T-Mo customer.

It'll be 24.11.18 for all 2015 Pure's. The phone will just load up the proper APN settings based on your SIM card and if it is a T-Moilbe sim card then it will simply search for a Band 12 signal.

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Downloading OTA right now. ..

After taking out the SIM to get the update do I let it install completely, then power off to re-insert the SIM? Or can I insert it hot? Thanks!

EDIT- I'm DLing now!! AT&T, Chicago FWIW. Wish my wifi was faster, arg.

Last edited: