Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile. Powered off the phone, took out the SIM card, and powered it on with Wi-Fi on. No update notification yet after checking in settings several times.

Posted via the Android Central App

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My update got stuck downloading at 26%. . I cancelled it and now it says my software is up to date. Tried pulling SIM and rebooted, didn't help.

I got a message saying Download failed -try again. But in settings it says Your phone is up to date.. Now what?

bigmac429

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
What are some of the issues people are experiencing since updating to Marshmallow? Volume fades in and out on full volume youtube video. Also looks like there is a pixel issue running down the screen. You can see it more while looking at a text message. Anyone else seeing these issues?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What are some of the issues people are experiencing since updating to Marshmallow? Volume fades in and out on full volume youtube video. Also looks like there is a pixel issue running down the screen. You can see it more while looking at a text message. Anyone else seeing these issues?

Pixel issue?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

bigmac429

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Pixel issue?

Yea. There was a stripe going down the screen, maybe a 1/4" wide that was darker than the rest of the screen. Not much darker but noticeable while reading texts. I just rebooted again and it seemed to fix the issue. Had not restarted since the upgrade finished last night.

Jack13

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

Do Not Disturb mode no longer has a location setting like Moto Assist did. (Example: I was able to have my phone automatically go into DND or Priority only mode if I was at work in case I forgot to turn off my ring tone) You can still use Moto Voice when at a specified location. If there is a location setting, I'd love to know how to access it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

Do Not Disturb mode no longer has a location setting like Moto Assist did. (Example: I was able to have my phone automatically go into DND or Priority only mode if I was at work in case I forgot to turn off my ring tone) You can still use Moto Voice when at a specified location. If there is a location setting, I'd love to know how to access it.

There isn't and people are exploring alternatives.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=618738

jamoreno72

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
My update download stalled at 12% overnight. I cancelled and now when I check for system updates it states I am up to date, yet I am still stuck in lollipop. MotoX Pure Edition. Any suggestions?

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
My update download stalled at 12% overnight. I cancelled and now when I check for system updates it states I am up to date, yet I am still stuck in lollipop. MotoX Pure Edition. Any suggestions?

Maybe try pulling out the sim and trying again.

I try not to cancel the updates as I have seen that before. It should come back but might take awhile.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Mine did it too. Tried wiping cache, pulling SIM, rebooting and nothing worked. It was there to download in the morning. Just let it sit and the update will come back.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
And since Moto Connect is gone, Push Bullet has turned into a $40/year deal if you actually want to use it without monthly limits. <sigh>

jamisdiablo

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
On Verizon here in Charlotte, NC - got my update notification yesterday, downloaded and updated over wifi at home in about 1 hour. rocking 6.0 now. will see how batt changes or not, might setup micro sd card as internal storage, not sure yet. where to access doze functionality or is it automatic? sometimes things are hard to find since I'm running nova launcher and a relative newbie to it in place of stock launcher. cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995