Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
On Verizon here in Charlotte, NC - got my update notification yesterday, downloaded and updated over wifi at home in about 1 hour. rocking 6.0 now. will see how batt changes or not, might setup micro sd card as internal storage, not sure yet. where to access doze functionality or is it automatic? sometimes things are hard to find since I'm running nova launcher and a relative newbie to it in place of stock launcher. cheers!

Doze is automatic and OEMs are not allowed to alter the Doze code. If one of the apps does not adhere to Doze it will show under settings.

Checking out Doze and App standby on the Android M Developer Preview | Android Central

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

So far, this update absolutely sucks for me:
4. The option to drag up on the circle at bottom and chose an app is gone now. I used that to turn the display off instead of power button.

You can use one of "ScreenOff" apps. I use this one: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.katecca.screenofflock&token=nC496F4a

You just place it on the screen and press and the screen turns off. Been using it since Gingerbread with no issues on many different phones.

Screenshot_20151208-074554.png

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to note with doze: Active Display will not interrupt doze. The only time that Doze fully cuts out is when the phone is moved in any way. Waving your hand over the display will not turn off doze, nor will doze shut off when a notification comes in and the display kicks in.

I've also seen some times when my phone is sitting on the desk and the notification comes in I can press on the icon to get the preview and Doze still keeps going unless I unlock the phone or move it enough.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Another thing to note with doze: Active Display will not interrupt doze. The only time that Doze fully cuts out is when the phone is moved in any way. Waving your hand over the display will not turn off doze, nor will doze shut off when a notification comes in and the display kicks in.

I've also seen some times when my phone is sitting on the desk and the notification comes in I can press on the icon to get the preview and Doze still keeps going unless I unlock the phone or move it enough.

How do you know Doze is still active? I had a Nexus 5 2013 with 6.0 and I have a Nexus 9 and I can't tell when Doze is active.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Those on T-Mobile who pulled the SIM to download - any gotchas to know about? Is Band 12 working or no? WIll do it tonight if all is well.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
How do you know Doze is still active? I had a Nexus 5 2013 with 6.0 and I have a Nexus 9 and I can't tell when Doze is active.
When you check the battery stats you'll almost no drain. I leave my phone on my work desk all day and once day I just let it sit for 4 or 5 hours without touching it other then waving my hand over the phone or poking at the screen notification and I barely lost any battery (1% I think) and the battery chart showed an almost totally horizontal line.

That is pretty much the only way to know that doze has kicked in as far as I know.

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

1. exFAT 200GB card did not work and forced to format FAT32: Wrong: exFAT again, but still forced to reformat and start over with it
2. Windows explorer does not see internal or external storage in any computer or laptop I tried (it did show them before for drag and drop). It shows the icon for the device, but no drives. Wrong: MTP needs to be chosen with MM
3. Equalizer is gone and sound quality is now flat. No option for headphone or speakers now. Sound not as good without the setting options.
4. The option to drag up on the circle at bottom and chose an app is gone now. I used that to turn the display off instead of power button.

Added: Item 2 is a Marshmallow issue and you have to pick MTP now. Jeepers. The other three still suck. Sorry for being cranky, but the 200GB card issue and equalizer setting gone tick me off.

That is what I have found so far.

#3 annoys me the most. Step backwards IMHO. May have to revert to an app I used on an old phone. When I received the Pure (5.1.1), it was great to see those controls in the Sound settings so I could eliminate another unneeded app. (sigh)

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

#3 annoys me the most. Step backwards IMHO. May have to revert to an app I used on an old phone. When I received the Pure (5.1.1), it was great to see those controls in the Sound settings so I could eliminate another unneeded app. (sigh)

Agreed, I never even really found an app that I liked either... boo.

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

You can select which apps are optimized and which aren't. Go into battery, and then battery optimization. Click all apps, and unselect the motorola apps.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Never worked with the Moto X Pure Edition though, right?

Push Bullet works great. I even had a friend who bought the XPE, too, start using it. It is a very cool app but I just can't see myself spending $40 for it.

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Saw a link about this update and someone with a T mobile remove his sim and then did the updated and got it! Just did the same thing and Im DL 6.0 now.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Push Bullet works great. I even had a friend who bought the XPE, too, start using it. It is a very cool app but I just can't see myself spending $40 for it.

Referring to the Motorola Connect Chrome Extension - that was never available for the Moto X Pure Edition.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if this helps but when you open Play Music and go into settings there is an "Equalizer" wherein you can adjust EQ settings for the phone speakers as well as wired headphones. I just tried it and it works just fine!

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

1. exFAT 200GB card did not work and forced to format FAT32: Wrong: exFAT again, but still forced to reformat and start over with it
2. Windows explorer does not see internal or external storage in any computer or laptop I tried (it did show them before for drag and drop). It shows the icon for the device, but no drives. Wrong: MTP needs to be chosen with MM
3. Equalizer is gone and sound quality is now flat. No option for headphone or speakers now. Sound not as good without the setting options.

Added: Item 2 is a Marshmallow issue and you have to pick MTP now. Jeepers. The other three still suck. Sorry for being cranky, but the 200GB card issue and equalizer setting gone tick me off.

That is what I have found so far.

Not sure if this helps but for #3 when you open Play Music and go into settings there is an "Equalizer" wherein you can adjust EQ settings for the phone speakers as well as wired headphones. I just tried it and it works just fine!

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Not sure if this helps but when you open Play Music and go into settings there is an "Equalizer" wherein you can adjust EQ settings for the phone speakers as well as wired headphones. I just tried it and it works just fine!

Thanks for the reply! That's OK if I'm using Play Music, but I have other stuff stored on my phone or sd card or that I may want to listen to from a website. Just seems like an unfortunate loss of function to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo