Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused why every topic someone makes reviewing or pointing out new features in Marshmallow on this phone gets merged into this thread, except the ones Ry starts.

If you have moderator critiques, please take them up with the moderator in question via private message or the with moderator team leader.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Last edited:

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
If you have moderator critiques, please take them up with the moderator in question or the moderator team leader.

It didn't sound like a critique to me, Ry. He's complaining others are posting things here that should be in another thread.

Posted via the Android Central App

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
"Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped". Keep getting this after forcing the update this morning. On T-Mobile. I did update GPS via APKMirror and I THINK i have the right version but obviously something isn't right. Ideas? Thanks.

hernejj

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

How much space does Marshmallow take on the Moto X Pure? I'm trying to decide if I want the 16 GB or if I will need the 32 GB. I'm upgrading from a Galaxy S3 with 16 GB internal and 16 GB external.

Anyone with a 16 GB mxpe running Marshmallow? Are you crunched for internal space?

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
If you have moderator critiques, please take them up with the moderator in question via private message or the with moderator team leader.

I'm not critiquing anyone. Just curious what's going on with that.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

How much space does Marshmallow take on the Moto X Pure? I'm trying to decide if I want the 16 GB or if I will need the 32 GB. I'm upgrading from a Galaxy S3 with 16 GB internal and 16 GB external.

Anyone with a 16 GB mxpe running Marshmallow? Are you crunched for internal space?

If you are interested in buying the phone today I'd say get the 32GB since it is $100 off today only on Amazon. $349 for 32GB is a great deal.

hernejj

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

If you are interested in buying the phone today I'd say get the 32GB since it is $100 off today only on Amazon. $349 for 32GB is a great deal.

That is what I am trying to decide :) Would prefer to buy the 16GB model from motorola.com instead of Amazon (no tax, and 20% Jet Cashback). But if I am going to need 32 GB of internal memory then it probably makes sense to take this Amazon deal.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

I just upgraded to MM and the new Storage & USB says the Android OS is using 10.82 GB (I have the 64GB version)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
"Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped". Keep getting this after forcing the update this morning. On T-Mobile. I did update GPS via APKMirror and I THINK i have the right version but obviously something isn't right. Ideas? Thanks.

Next time, just give it time to get the update automatically for Google Play Services.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

That is what I am trying to decide :) Would prefer to buy the 16GB model from motorola.com instead of Amazon (no tax, and 20% Jet Cashback). But if I am going to need 32 GB of internal memory then it probably makes sense to take this Amazon deal.

You're going to need 32GB, minimum, if you plan to do much other than talk on the phone. The 16 GB version will only have about 7GB usable.

hernejj

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

You're going to need 32GB, minimum, if you plan to do much other than talk on the phone. The 16 GB version will only have about 7GB usable.

I am starting to agree... considering some are reporting that android is using between 7-10 GB of internal storage. I do plan on popping an external SD card in for music, media and maybe camera photos/videos. But even still, after the OS and the cache partition (1-2 GB right??) that does not leave a ton of space for apps. I install a lot of apps because I "share" with a kid who loves her games :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith