Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

Yeah not sure why mine is using more. Did you do a factory reset after the upgrade? I am on T-Mobile and took out my SIM card to get the OTA.

No, I didn't do a factory reset. I am on Verizon. I was part of the test drive Moto had.

hernejj

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

No, I didn't do a factory reset. I am on Verizon. I was part of the test drive Moto had.

Perhaps the 'test drive' version was compiled for debugging purposes, and thus, larger? If so, maybe you are still running that version.

LongbranchPennywhistle

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

I was not part of the test drive, my android OS is 10.82 GB.
The difference is in the overall capacity.

I have a 64 gig, my android OS uses 10.82 GB, same as the other person with a 64 Gig version. The 7.94 seems to be the case with the 32 gig version of the phone.

That's what I'm seeing here at least. But perhaps it is more complicated? I'm not sure.

sherwin892

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
My issues maybe Marshmallow issues and not specific to Moto X but since it's the phone I own....

NoTile support yet, no Bluetooth connection on my Mercedes and just got on a Delta flight and browser not supported for on flight media (only 5.0 or below). Yes, I realize the devs may need to update support.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I was not part of the test drive, my android OS is 10.82 GB.
The difference is in the overall capacity.

I have a 64 gig, my android OS uses 10.82 GB, same as the other person with a 64 Gig version. The 7.94 seems to be the case with the 32 gig version of the phone.

That's what I'm seeing here at least. But perhaps it is more complicated? I'm not sure.

Motorola are the only people that can truly answer that question. You would think it would be the same though.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My issues maybe Marshmallow issues and not specific to Moto X but since it's the phone I own....

NoTile support yet, no Bluetooth connection on my Mercedes and just got on a Delta flight and browser not supported for on flight media (only 5.0 or below). Yes, I realize the devs may need to update support.

Tile support?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

wlfpck

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Second gen (2014) moto X pure edition on AT&T.

Haven't gotten my update yet. Pulled SIM card and still nothing. Any suggestions on this?

I really wish they would just make an official moto X update tool for the computer. Just plug it in and go.

LongbranchPennywhistle

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Is facebook messenger still broken on 6.0 for anyone else?

It seems that I can't grant it access to storage, it just tells me I have to turn off the overlay to change that permission, and then I do, but even with it of I still get the same message, I can't change that permission without disabling the overlay permission despite it already being disabled.

And wlfpck, I'm not sure if the Marshmallow update has rolled out for the 2014 MXPE yet in the U.S.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
found the app causing headache in mm

Found app causing all my headaches in other apps.. Cm security.. Soon as I uninstalled it my other apps are now working properly..

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got my update last night. I am near Seattle on T-Mobile. Woof Woof

Seattle doesn't matter though. :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It didn't sound like a critique to me, Ry. He's complaining others are posting things here that should be in another thread.

I'm not critiquing anyone. Just curious what's going on with that.

If you have issues with any moderator's actions, please take them up with that moderator or Assassin Droid, the Moderator Team Leader, via PM and NOT within the thread itself.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Second gen (2014) moto X pure edition on AT&T.

Haven't gotten my update yet. Pulled SIM card and still nothing. Any suggestions on this?

I really wish they would just make an official moto X update tool for the computer. Just plug it in and go.

This thread is for the third gen/2015 model.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
If you have issues with any moderator's actions, please take them up with that moderator or Assassin Droid, the Moderator Team Leader, via PM and NOT within the thread itself.

Maybe I misunderstood the original comment but I took it to mean Ry was the only one doing it correct.

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: found the app causing headache in mm

Yeah, those Applock enabled apps don't work too well in conjunction with SELinux from what I have heard. It screws with Google's permissions and they dont play well together.
I run Trust Go, but do not enable any app protection. That is what phone code or swipe security is for;) It will only scan when I trigger it. I don't let it run on its own.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, those Applock enabled apps don't work too well in conjunction with SELinux from what I have heard. It screws with Google's permissions and they dont play well together.
I run Trust Go, but do not enable any app protection. That is what phone code or swipe security is for;) It will only scan when I trigger it. I don't let it run on its own.

I'm finding the bugs most are experiencing are not motos fault or even marshmallow.. The app developers have not updated most apps for marshmallow or checked them to see if they will function with mm. Google should filter out all the apps until the developers get them mm ready..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm finding the bugs most are experiencing are not motos fault or even marshmallow.. The app developers have not updated most apps for marshmallow or checked them to see if they will function with mm. Google should filter out all the apps until the developers get them mm ready..

Most major apps are. I have been using my 6P with all the apps I normally use without a hiccup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs