Will the Moto X Pure Edition be on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2015?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Motorola & Black Friday?

Not necessarily for black Friday but for cyber Monday.

In the past they provide a window for potential customers to request a moto maker code. This code allows you to purchase a moto make device for a certain price. Normal up charges for additional storage and premium backs will still apply.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Geez....now you tell me! ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

It's the price we pay for being the first in line. Each version of the Moto X I tell myself I'm going to wait for Moto's Black Friday/Cyber Monday tradition of knocking the price down but then Moto Maker starts calling my name.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

It's the price we pay for being the first in line. Each version of the Moto X I tell myself I'm going to wait for Moto's Black Friday/Cyber Monday tradition of knocking the price down but then Moto Maker starts calling my name.

Hopefully people don't wait for a sale (on an already great price) and then have the Web page clog up on a cyber Monday deal, which will surely happen

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

With the starting price already so low, I can see them not discounting the Moto X Pure Edition for Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

With the starting price already so low, I can see them not discounting the Moto X Pure Edition for Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
I think there's a good chance for some kind of deal (maybe a bundle, free memory upgrade) -- but I wouldn't hold my breath for a $150 discount code like with the original Moto X. That debuted a bit overpriced to begin with.

Like you said, it's already a good deal!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I think there's a good chance for some kind of deal (maybe a bundle, free memory upgrade) -- but I wouldn't hold my breath for a $150 discount code like with the original Moto X. That debuted a bit overpriced to begin with.

Like you said, it's already a good deal!

I can see them maybe doing a free back material upgrade.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Haven't that done deals with the moto 360 if you buy a moto x and given a free Chromecast. Although I think the Chromecast thing was when Google were their parents.

Be interesting to see what they do but I don't they'll do a deep cut sale.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I can see it now...the web site will be overwhelmed and customer support will really go down the tubes, as it has for many customers on many forums. Then the complaints will get even louder. I think they would be better off leaving things as they are and catching up with all the returns and repairs that are already waiting to be completed. IMHO it's one of the best phones money can buy at the present time. No sale needed!

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

Each of the past 2 years I bought the Moto X for both me and my wife during the Cyber Monday deal. It was $150 off for the 2013 Moto X and $140 off for the 2014 Moto X. Right now I'm rocking an LG G4, but am getting tired of the software, so if there's another significant discount this year I'm definitely in. I'm guessing we'll see something along the lines of a $75-$100 discount to boost sales. I always sell my previous phone on Swappa, so it's pretty inexpensive for me to switch (I can probably get $300 for my G4 and $150 for my wife's 2014 Moto X) and my wife still has unlimited VZW data, so this is always a great opportunity for her to upgrade to a high-end phone without breaking the bank.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm really wishing I'd waited to see ........ I didn't think about it at the time sadly.

wlmsn

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm holding out for something too... I'm pretty sure I'll buy it anyway so any discount would be more than welcome