HTC M7 GPE Dialer

Chris X1

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
On my HTC M7 GPE, the search bar in the dialer would allow searching businesses in addition to contacts (search contacts or places). On the Pure, I can only search contacts (enter name or phone number). Is that something that's by design, a glitch, or am I not doing something correctly.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC M& GPE Dialer

When I type into the dialer search bar, it finds matches for the "Company" field in my contacts. Is that what you're trying for?

If it's a business I never called before, then I swipe up for Google Now, and use that search bar. If it's a commercial business then there is usually a Call option displayed in the results.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
On my HTC M7 GPE, the search bar in the dialer would allow searching businesses in addition to contacts (search contacts or places). On the Pure, I can only search contacts (enter name or phone number). Is that something that's by design, a glitch, or am I not doing something correctly.

For an unrelated reason, I decided to try out the FB dialer. Turns out, this is a fantastic dialer. Not only does it do a more complete job applying your query to your existing contacts, but it also will show results for local business and people....which I find very useful. I am surprised with how well this app integrates with my phone.

Chris X1

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

When I type into the dialer search bar, it finds matches for the "Company" field in my contacts. Is that what you're trying for?

If it's a business I never called before, then I swipe up for Google Now, and use that search bar. If it's a commercial business then there is usually a Call option displayed in the results.

No.

Here are shots of my M7 GPE dialer and the Pure dialer. I remember that part of the new Google dialer was the ability to perform a local Google search from within the dialer. I'm just wondering if this was limited to GPE and Nexus devices only.

Screenshot_2015-11-18-14-57-20.jpgScreenshot_2015-11-18-14-59-45.png

Chris X1

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

No.

Here are shots of my M7 GPE dialer and the Pure dialer. I remember that part of the new Google dialer was the ability to perform a local Google search from within the dialer. I'm just wondering if this was limited to GPE and Nexus devices only.

View attachment 206292View attachment 206293