My screen (digitizer ?) sometimes becomes possessed - is it me or the phone?

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had my MXPE for a little over two weeks now. Love everything about it except...the last few nights I've been using the phone in bed (with little to no other light on in the room) and keep running into a problem where a swipe, scroll or press on the screen doesn't do what I intended. It's random: pushing back might register as a recent app press, scrolling down slightly might register as a flick and send the page flying down to the bottom, or typing a couple of letters starts putting 4-5 characters in the input box (and pressing backspace adds even more). Possessed really is the best word to describe what happening.

Only way to fix this is to restart the phone. Last night it was fine but started doing it this morning (still in bed).

Since it only happens in bed (and usually in a dark room) I'm thinking either I'm holding the phone weirdly either with my hands or holding it above my head, the low light is fooling the sensor(s) or I just have a bad phone and I need to talk to Moto.

Any ideas?

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I also use my phone while in bed with the lights switched off like you do, but have not faced any of the issues that you have described. Weird how yours starts to malfunction only in that situation.

Posted via the Android Central App

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think I found the culprit - being plugged into the charger (hence why it happens in bed and no where else). For some reason that causes my screen to go nuts. Checking with Motorola about this now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair