6.0 Marshmallow: How is your battery life after the update?

Sashank Mishra

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
With Lollipop 5.1, Moto X Style barely gave whole day backup for moderate users. With Marshmallow 6.0 upgrade for the device, it is expected to have a better battery life. So, how is it going for those who have updated their phones?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How is the battery life for Moto X Style/Pure after Marshmallow update?

Hi, after watching a couple of YouTube video's people are saying it's improved, I can't wait for it to come to my phone.

hVarun

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Getting good battery life after marshmallow.... This is with data disabled and on WiFi for whole day.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_20151201-205426.jpg
    Screenshot_20151201-205426.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 365

ryantombasco

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

It's about the same for me. The only difference I notice is less battery drain over night. Aside from that, I can't distinguish a difference in battery life.

Matthew Osterlund

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I've had 6.0 for a couple of days now and I'm not noticing that Doze is working much at all. I have it on my night stand upside down not plugged in and it still drains 8-11% overnight. That's about the same as it was before 6.0. I've check battery optimization and there are 3 services not optimized that can't be changed. DMService, Google Play Services, Motorola Notification. Any suggestions?

Xylomaphoner

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

I have been getting around 50% more battery life, in general. I don't have a lot of screen "on-time" during the day, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunc

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

I put the update on my T-Mobile Pure X. My advice? Wait for the T-Mobile specific update! Battery life sucks on T-Mobile. I can't even get half way through the day without going into power saving mode. And it runs so hot, all the time.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

I put the update on my T-Mobile Pure X. My advice? Wait for the T-Mobile specific update! Battery life sucks on T-Mobile. I can't even get half way through the day without going into power saving mode. And it runs so hot, all the time.

Try an FDR. I'm on at&t but I had a similar experience. FDR got me back to my pre-mm battery life.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

There is no specific T-Mobile update.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've heard complaints about the battery life. Is it at least as good as the 2014 Moto X?

I've heard complaints about the battery life. Is it at least as good as the 2014 Moto X?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Considering buying this... couple quick questions

I didn't have the Moto X from 2014 but I have no battery issues. I've gotten 4:30 to 5:00 SoT over 12 to 14 hours and can go over 24 hours on light use days.

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Considering buying this... couple quick questions

Battery life is average for an Android device. The Turbo charging makes io for it.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I regularly get 4 - 5 hours SOT on LTE over 12-14 hours doing mostly browsing/reading forums. I also only lose 2-3% battery every night. I don't have any social media apps installed, though, which probably contributes a bit towards the solid numbers.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It lasts all day for me. I usually charge overnight, but in the few instances I didn't charge overnight the battery only drained ~4% overnight with mobile data and WiFi both on.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My battery improved after marshmallow.

During the day while at work I'm a light user. Calls, text's, email's and some light surfing. I unplug at 4:30am and get home at 6pm with approximately 65% battery left.

Phenomenal compared to and previous phone I've had!

mwmmikey

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
3 days with the MXPE and I got 24 hours with 6 hours SOT.
Minus 30 minutes of file transferring plugged to the PC.

WIFI & Bluetooth left on.
On wifi at home and work.
GPS on high accuracy.
Ingress and Google Play Music to and from work and during errands after.

I think that's impressive. I was worried coming from a Droid Maxx with a 720p display.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160107-213014.jpg
    Screenshot_20160107-213014.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 139