01-22-2016 04:57 PM
31 12
tools
    My battery has recently been depleting much faster than it did when I got it a month ago. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I think it may be due to Facebook not allowing the device to sleep. Any fixes for this?
    01-21-2016 08:22 AM
    My battery has recently been depleting much faster than it did when I got it a month ago. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I think it may be due to Facebook not allowing the device to sleep. Any fixes for this?
    Yes!!

See Russell Holly's article at It turns out uninstalling Facebook for Android is pretty great | Android Central

Not on Facebook myself (for many years now) but I can click links to individual posts there when I encounter something of interest on Twitter or G+.
    Ry likes this.
    01-21-2016 08:46 AM
    Addendum to the previous post:

JR Raphael found another Tip for battery savings; Android battery life not all it could be? Try this | Computerworld
    Ry likes this.
    01-21-2016 12:28 PM
    New with the MXP, but battery life is impressive imo. Got the marshmallow update as I was firing it up a few days ago. Did a factory reset right after and continue to be impressed with battery each day. Considering how much I've been playing with it and setting stuff up, very pleased.
    Ry likes this.
    01-21-2016 12:39 PM
    Im seeing right now that Android System is my main drainer right now. I'm using Nova, on Marshmallow, and don't have stellar reception while at school. With that being said, until this week my battery had been great. I'm at 25% right now with only an hour of SOT. I cant figure it out
    01-21-2016 01:51 PM
    I recently got the moto x (on monday) and I updated it to marshmallow before I even activated it. Today I took my phone off the charger at 7am,its now 5pm and I still have 47% left. I've used it all day and was in a low service/no service area for five hours.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ry likes this.
    01-22-2016 04:57 PM
31 12