6.0 Marshmallow: How is your battery life after the update?

mwmmikey

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
My battery life was not good before the update. It is terrible since Marshmallow.

Could you give us some stats?
"Not good" & "terrible" are purely subjective.

Screenshots of the 2 main battery setting screens on a particularly "terrible" battery life day would be of great assistance.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Update: my battery life is still awesome for me.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
My battery has recently been depleting much faster than it did when I got it a month ago. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I think it may be due to Facebook not allowing the device to sleep. Any fixes for this?

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
My battery has recently been depleting much faster than it did when I got it a month ago. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I think it may be due to Facebook not allowing the device to sleep. Any fixes for this?

Yes!!

See Russell Holly's article at It turns out uninstalling Facebook for Android is pretty great | Android Central

Not on Facebook myself (for many years now) but I can click links to individual posts there when I encounter something of interest on Twitter or G+.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
New with the MXP, but battery life is impressive imo. Got the marshmallow update as I was firing it up a few days ago. Did a factory reset right after and continue to be impressed with battery each day. Considering how much I've been playing with it and setting stuff up, very pleased.

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Im seeing right now that Android System is my main drainer right now. I'm using Nova, on Marshmallow, and don't have stellar reception while at school. With that being said, until this week my battery had been great. I'm at 25% right now with only an hour of SOT. I cant figure it out

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I recently got the moto x (on monday) and I updated it to marshmallow before I even activated it. Today I took my phone off the charger at 7am,its now 5pm and I still have 47% left. I've used it all day and was in a low service/no service area for five hours.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power