Every few days texting takes on a life of its own, starts randomly and rapidly composing nonsensical strings of letters and words which I cannot stop. The X/erase button does not work. Putting my finger within the text results in green trails. I must turn off or restart my phone to stop this behavior.
    Have had the phone about 2 weeks; only added 2 apps - weather underground and pedometer which did not affect the phone at time of adding them.
    I close my apps faithfully, having learned to do that when my phone started flashing webpages rapidly as well as the text feature going wonky.
    Also, some text messages have to be downloaded to read them.
    11-29-2015 09:18 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Have you tried a reboot? Have you had any updates to the device? If so, have you done a reset?
    Shimon Mor and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-29-2015 11:14 AM
    I have reset by holding down power button and restarting as well as turning completely off. Phone is up to date, though I cannot view updates.
    11-29-2015 12:27 PM
    Sorry...by a reset I mean a factory reset; like how it looks fresh out of the box.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-2015 01:12 PM
    Yes, do a factory reset. If that doesn't fix the problem you would need to exchange the phone under warranty.
    11-29-2015 02:15 PM
    Thanks for your advice. As I have a couple more weeks of warranty, I think I will wait to see if it happens again. If it does, I will do the factory reset, or more likely, return it.
    11-29-2015 03:56 PM
    This would happen to me when connected to a particular 3rd party USB cable. Perhaps that's the case here?
    11-29-2015 04:23 PM
    Interesting. It happened once while sitting in car and once at home, no cables invoved. I'm praying to the android gods it will heal itself. Will keep you posted. Infers to me that may be some sort of exterior interference?? Ideas, anyone?
    11-29-2015 04:30 PM
    A friend had same problem with his iphone and attributed it to the screen being dirty. I'm a bit of a clean freak, but now clean my screen daily and have not had a repeat of the problem. It is also very important to constantly close your apps.
    12-09-2015 05:43 PM
    It is also very important to constantly close your apps.
    Um...no, it's really not....

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-09-2015 05:48 PM
    OK, please explain. My pure X would have fits, web pages flashing up in rapid order. The Best Buy tech told me it was because I wasn't closing my apps. I haven't had the problem since started closing apps. Just did a big update, so anticipating problems.
    12-09-2015 05:59 PM
    OK, please explain. My pure X would have fits, web pages flashing up in rapid order. The Best Buy tech told me it was because I wasn't closing my apps. I haven't had the problem since started closing apps. Just did a big update, so anticipating problems.
    The Best Buy tech does not know how Android works.

RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central
    12-09-2015 06:02 PM
    That's your problem, you listened to a Best Buy tech...lol
    In all seriousness, closing your apps won't hurt, but is not necessary. In fact, the more you close them, the more battery you'll use, and they will open slower than if you left them alone. Android does an excellent job of managing memory, battery life and other things behind the scenes. The old days, YES, but not anymore...it's actually better to leave them alone, unless of course you have a problem app that acts strangely if it's left open, them by all means, close it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-09-2015 06:09 PM
    Thanks. I deserve the quip about listening to a best buy quip and expected it.
    schwars1 likes this.
    12-09-2015 06:28 PM
    Today a new problem with the orange frame showing up and the phone taking on a life of its own. It got stuck and would not respond to touch. I had restarted it several times in a few hours as it kept getting stuck. I just exchanged it for a replacement. The tech who transferred my data used who knows what program! Every reply to FB or Craigslist was a new contact after the hour long transfer. Now I am spending the evening deleting hundreds and hundreds of contacts up to 10 years old. Evidently Motorola Migrate does not work with Marshmallow. So *+)*+_(^ time consuming!
    12-15-2015 07:42 PM