I have a MXPE on the way. When it gets here, naturally I want to get everything (almost) from my old phone (GS3) to the new.

I know how to get things like Contacts, SMS history, call history, and the apps themselves over - either with Google's built-in backup/sync or Verizon's. But I'm less clear on how to port over each app's custom data, settings, and profiles.

For example: Tasker profiles, Alarm profiles (for my 3rd party alarm app), browser bookmarks and settings, etc.

I'm aware that some apps have convenient backup/restore functions that can export their settings into a file, and then I can import that file from my new phone. But even this takes lots of time if I had to do this for each of my 100+ apps. Is there a better, automated way to do this? Would say an app like My Backup Pro have features to help in this regard?

Thanks for any insight!
    12-01-2015 05:47 PM
    You download the Moto Migrate app on both phones. Done.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2015 07:27 PM
    You download the Moto Migrate app on both phones. Done.

Posted via the Android Central App
    That works for basic things like Contacts and SMS, but not what I'm asking in the OP
    12-01-2015 08:41 PM
    I don't think there is an all in one way to do that. Even My Backup Pro needs root to move over app data. Some apps have individual back up of settings, especially browsers depending on which you use, but just a seamless move over from one phone to the other of all app data and settings isn't something any app offers as far as I know; likely because firmware varies wildly phone to phone and data can easily corrupt when transferred between phones. You pretty much have to go app by app and see if it has it's own way of saving settings in the cloud and hope it pulls down on the new phone.

Android 6.0 will have a feature that allows app data to be backed up into your Google account but that may not cover everything even if you could use it.
    12-01-2015 08:59 PM
    That's what I was afraid of. Ah well, I'll see what I can do with My Backup Pro (I do plan to root the phone), and I've come across Helium as well.

Whatever those can't do I guess I'll do manually.
    12-02-2015 04:09 AM