Which stock apps did you replace on your MXPE?

ryantombasco

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Oh, and so far.. No problems with it.. No lack in picture quality.. And the app runs solid. Personally, I think picture quality is slightly improved, if anything.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I love FV-5.. The biggest reason I got it is because of how much control you have over settings and whatnot. The only thing it's missing imo.. Unless I'm not seeing something.. Is the volume down to snap a picture function. But I'm a fan of touch to focus and a dedicated spot on a screen to touch to snap the picture (short of a dedicated button).

Thanks, I've heard good things about it (especially people with LG G4 using it) and I wanted to know how it behaves in MXPE.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
[Nova]for customization
[Multiling keyboard](lightweight and highly customizable)
[Percent enabler](tweaks the battery notification icon to have a built-in number reading)
[MX player]pro for media
[Piktures]to replace the Gallery
[Rbrowser]to replace Chrome (much faster...optimized for Snapdragon chips...has a really cool night mode
[BatterySaver]pro greatly expands the options of Android's built-in battery saver mode (cant recommend this one enough)

Android Central app on Moto X Pure

You can tweak the battery notification icon to have a built-in percentage without an app. You would open you notification tray all the way until you see the gear icon for settings. You would press and hold the icon for 5-6 seconds. After that you will see a message stating that the system ui tuner is available in settings. You would go to the system tuner and you will see the option to show embedded battery percentage.

turbo93

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
For email, MyMail. For messaging, Handcent. Added Firefox for browser. I use Multiling keyboard if I need foreign keyboard. GSam for battery.

Repr1sal

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
You can tweak the battery notification icon to have a built-in percentage without an app. You would open you notification tray all the way until you see the gear icon for settings. You would press and hold the icon for 5-6 seconds. After that you will see a message stating that the system ui tuner is available in settings. You would go to the system tuner and you will see the option to show embedded battery percentage.

Yep...posted before i updated to MM....the battery percentage now built in is a no brainer feature. Glad to see it built in now

Android Central app on Moto X Pure

ryantombasco

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I did the same, not a fan of moto version of sms.
Google Messenger won't send MMS for me. I don't have any idea why, either. It worked for a day or two then just stopped. I reset my phone a handful of times.. Uninstalled then reinstalled over a dozen.. So I've learned to just live with the stock messages app.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Google Messenger won't send MMS for me. I don't have any idea why, either. It worked for a day or two then just stopped. I reset my phone a handful of times.. Uninstalled then reinstalled over a dozen.. So I've learned to just live with the stock messages app.

What carrier?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition