Which stock apps did you replace on your MXPE?

notabbott

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I replaced the SMS/messaging app with Google Messenger. So far that's been it. I've seen other people mention the camera app. Anything else the MXPE that doesn't quite cut it right out of the box?

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
The only one I can think of is Google messenger. And I sometimes use action launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Just Nova Launcher, for the blank home screen ability and to lose the Google search bar.

Otherwise all the factory apps work great.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Nova Launcher, TeslaUnread, Google Messenger, Percent Enabler

I use CalcU as my main calculator, and I disabled the built in calculator.

I use a couple of apps as companions rather than replacements to the built in apps:

Kit Kat Calendar... So I can change the status of events as either 'Busy' or 'Available'. The Google app ignores this setting and defaults new events as Busy. Meetings in Moto Assist only quiets the phone if you mark the event as Busy. So if I record an event such as attending a baseball game, I can label that event as Available, since I don't need a silent phone.

Shuttle Music Player... to manage playlists of locally stored music. I mainly use Google Play Music. But after the last update, my playlists disappeared that contained locally stored music from the music folder, and it ignores those songs in new playlists that I create. Its weird, it can still play local music, and I can add them to a playlist, but when I re-open the playlist in Play Music, they're not listed.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I replaced messaging with Textra. I've had this phone for over two months now but I know I haven't tapped into its full potential.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Using Swiftkey, Today Calendar, and Hangouts for both messaging and SMS. I initially used Shuttle+ for music, but I've switched to Google Play Music All Access.

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I'll bite....

messenger --> Clean Inbox (allows blocking)
keyboard --> Fleksy for now. (not a fan of many others really. I'm very picky)
Phone --> TrueCaller (well, it's an add-on to show exactly who's calling and to allow blocking) I do not like the stock call app. It's too windows 8ish:-\ so i am on hunt for better phone dialer.
Chrome --> Adblock Browser. If Google won't allow it on Chrome in Android, I'll move to another Browser who offers ad free and pop up free experience.

I know I have more...

Repr1sal

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
[Nova]for customization
[Multiling keyboard](lightweight and highly customizable)
[Percent enabler](tweaks the battery notification icon to have a built-in number reading)
[MX player]pro for media
[Piktures]to replace the Gallery
[Rbrowser]to replace Chrome (much faster...optimized for Snapdragon chips...has a really cool night mode
[BatterySaver]pro greatly expands the options of Android's built-in battery saver mode (cant recommend this one enough)

Android Central app on Moto X Pure

Last edited:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Looking through my phone, I've replaced nothing. I have downloaded a couple of camera apps, but I still stick with stock as I love the twist feature to open.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't replace Moto's camera, but use it together with Google's. I also use Inbox instead of Gmail. That's pretty much it.

I had to replace almost all of my stock iOS apps with Google ones on my iOS devices.

ryantombasco

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Nova Launcher, Tesla Unread, Smoke & Glass Icons, Camera FV-5. Everything else is pretty much stock.. Aside from a weather widget or two and a calendar widget, but it ties in to Google's calendar app.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Nova Launcher, Tesla Unread, Smoke & Glass Icons, Camera FV-5. Everything else is pretty much stock.. Aside from a weather widget or two and a calendar widget, but it ties in to Google's calendar app.

How is Camera FV-5? Any problems or differences in the pictures? Can you alter settings?
Motorola camera app is very basic and I'm thinking of using something else. Although the camera gesture is what keeps me from doing it.

ryantombasco

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
How is Camera FV-5? Any problems or differences in the pictures? Can you alter settings?
Motorola camera app is very basic and I'm thinking of using something else. Although the camera gesture is what keeps me from doing it.
I love FV-5.. The biggest reason I got it is because of how much control you have over settings and whatnot. The only thing it's missing imo.. Unless I'm not seeing something.. Is the volume down to snap a picture function. But I'm a fan of touch to focus and a dedicated spot on a screen to touch to snap the picture (short of a dedicated button).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae