12-27-2015 07:42 PM
29 12
tools
    I replaced the SMS/messaging app with Google Messenger. So far that's been it. I've seen other people mention the camera app. Anything else the MXPE that doesn't quite cut it right out of the box?
    Jaysus likes this.
    12-02-2015 11:39 AM
    The only one I can think of is Google messenger. And I sometimes use action launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-02-2015 01:24 PM
    Just messaging with chomp sms
    12-02-2015 03:23 PM
    Just Nova Launcher, for the blank home screen ability and to lose the Google search bar.

Otherwise all the factory apps work great.
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-02-2015 04:21 PM
    Just Nova Launcher, for the blank home screen ability and to lose the Google search bar.

Otherwise all the factory apps work great.
    Me too, but for the grid, icons and gestures.
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-02-2015 04:43 PM
    Nova Launcher, TeslaUnread, Google Messenger, Percent Enabler

I use CalcU as my main calculator, and I disabled the built in calculator.

I use a couple of apps as companions rather than replacements to the built in apps:

Kit Kat Calendar... So I can change the status of events as either 'Busy' or 'Available'. The Google app ignores this setting and defaults new events as Busy. Meetings in Moto Assist only quiets the phone if you mark the event as Busy. So if I record an event such as attending a baseball game, I can label that event as Available, since I don't need a silent phone.

Shuttle Music Player... to manage playlists of locally stored music. I mainly use Google Play Music. But after the last update, my playlists disappeared that contained locally stored music from the music folder, and it ignores those songs in new playlists that I create. Its weird, it can still play local music, and I can add them to a playlist, but when I re-open the playlist in Play Music, they're not listed.
    12-02-2015 05:06 PM
    Nova launcher, Textra, Screen Brightness Control, True Phone Dialer & Contacts, and Swiftkey
    12-03-2015 01:18 PM
    I replaced messaging with Textra. I've had this phone for over two months now but I know I haven't tapped into its full potential.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2015 05:38 PM
    Mainly Nova launcher and textra. Oh and SwiftKey!
    12-03-2015 07:58 PM
    Nova Launcher and Google Messenger... unless Dashclock and Event Pro calendar widgets count?
    12-04-2015 08:11 AM
    Nova. Would love to use Google launcher, but the icons are soooooo big.
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-04-2015 09:06 AM
    I swapped Motorola's Messaging app for Google Messenger.
    12-05-2015 10:42 AM
    Using Swiftkey, Today Calendar, and Hangouts for both messaging and SMS. I initially used Shuttle+ for music, but I've switched to Google Play Music All Access.
    Coresh likes this.
    12-05-2015 11:34 AM
    I'll bite....

messenger --> Clean Inbox (allows blocking)
    keyboard --> Fleksy for now. (not a fan of many others really. I'm very picky)
    Phone --> TrueCaller (well, it's an add-on to show exactly who's calling and to allow blocking) I do not like the stock call app. It's too windows 8ish so i am on hunt for better phone dialer.
    Chrome --> Adblock Browser. If Google won't allow it on Chrome in Android, I'll move to another Browser who offers ad free and pop up free experience.

I know I have more...
    12-05-2015 02:07 PM
    [Nova]for customization
    [Multiling keyboard](lightweight and highly customizable)
    [Percent enabler](tweaks the battery notification icon to have a built-in number reading)
    [MX player]pro for media
    [Piktures]to replace the Gallery
    [Rbrowser]to replace Chrome (much faster...optimized for Snapdragon chips...has a really cool night mode
    [BatterySaver]pro greatly expands the options of Android's built-in battery saver mode (cant recommend this one enough)

Android Central app on Moto X Pure
    12-05-2015 11:17 PM
    Looking through my phone, I've replaced nothing. I have downloaded a couple of camera apps, but I still stick with stock as I love the twist feature to open.
    12-07-2015 04:11 AM
    I didn't replace Moto's camera, but use it together with Google's. I also use Inbox instead of Gmail. That's pretty much it.

I had to replace almost all of my stock iOS apps with Google ones on my iOS devices.
    12-07-2015 09:08 AM
    Nova Launcher, Tesla Unread, Smoke & Glass Icons, Camera FV-5. Everything else is pretty much stock.. Aside from a weather widget or two and a calendar widget, but it ties in to Google's calendar app.
    12-11-2015 07:21 AM
    Nova Launcher, Tesla Unread, Smoke & Glass Icons, Camera FV-5. Everything else is pretty much stock.. Aside from a weather widget or two and a calendar widget, but it ties in to Google's calendar app.
    How is Camera FV-5? Any problems or differences in the pictures? Can you alter settings?
    Motorola camera app is very basic and I'm thinking of using something else. Although the camera gesture is what keeps me from doing it.
    12-11-2015 08:24 AM
    How is Camera FV-5? Any problems or differences in the pictures? Can you alter settings?
    Motorola camera app is very basic and I'm thinking of using something else. Although the camera gesture is what keeps me from doing it.
    I love FV-5.. The biggest reason I got it is because of how much control you have over settings and whatnot. The only thing it's missing imo.. Unless I'm not seeing something.. Is the volume down to snap a picture function. But I'm a fan of touch to focus and a dedicated spot on a screen to touch to snap the picture (short of a dedicated button).
    Loiter likes this.
    12-11-2015 08:27 AM
    Oh, and so far.. No problems with it.. No lack in picture quality.. And the app runs solid. Personally, I think picture quality is slightly improved, if anything.
    12-11-2015 08:29 AM
    I love FV-5.. The biggest reason I got it is because of how much control you have over settings and whatnot. The only thing it's missing imo.. Unless I'm not seeing something.. Is the volume down to snap a picture function. But I'm a fan of touch to focus and a dedicated spot on a screen to touch to snap the picture (short of a dedicated button).
    Thanks, I've heard good things about it (especially people with LG G4 using it) and I wanted to know how it behaves in MXPE.
    12-11-2015 11:52 AM
    [Nova]for customization
    [Multiling keyboard](lightweight and highly customizable)
    [Percent enabler](tweaks the battery notification icon to have a built-in number reading)
    [MX player]pro for media
    [Piktures]to replace the Gallery
    [Rbrowser]to replace Chrome (much faster...optimized for Snapdragon chips...has a really cool night mode
    [BatterySaver]pro greatly expands the options of Android's built-in battery saver mode (cant recommend this one enough)

Android Central app on Moto X Pure
    You can tweak the battery notification icon to have a built-in percentage without an app. You would open you notification tray all the way until you see the gear icon for settings. You would press and hold the icon for 5-6 seconds. After that you will see a message stating that the system ui tuner is available in settings. You would go to the system tuner and you will see the option to show embedded battery percentage.
    Coresh likes this.
    12-11-2015 12:37 PM
    For email, MyMail. For messaging, Handcent. Added Firefox for browser. I use Multiling keyboard if I need foreign keyboard. GSam for battery.
    12-11-2015 01:15 PM
    I replaced the SMS/messaging app with Google Messenger. So far that's been it. I've seen other people mention the camera app. Anything else the MXPE that doesn't quite cut it right out of the box?
    I did the same, not a fan of moto version of sms.
    12-11-2015 04:10 PM
29 12