Moto care and verizon

tange1

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone successfully bought motocare on a moto x pure edition and been on verizon? I bought the phone on amazon, activated it on verizon. I tried reaching out to motorola to consider buying motocare and they tell me because the phone is on verizon, i can't buy moto care? The carrier matters here? If you bought, how did you buy?

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine at Best Buy and they told me the same thing, but we never got to the "which carrier" question. I was told (twice) I could only get MotoCare for the MXPE purchased from Motorola

Posted from my XT1575

pma

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I too bought from Amazon, activated on Verizon, and got MotoCare. I purchased the MotoCare through the Motorola website after activating my Motorola account.

hepi

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Verizon but added Motocare to my cart when I bought through Moto Maker.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone successfully bought motocare on a moto x pure edition and been on verizon? I bought the phone on amazon, activated it on verizon. I tried reaching out to motorola to consider buying motocare and they tell me because the phone is on verizon, i can't buy moto care? The carrier matters here? If you bought, how did you buy?

How did you reach out to Motorola?

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought my wife's Moto X Pure Edition from Best Buy and added Moto Care. Before I purchased from Best Buy, I confirmed I could add it within 30 days if the device was bought elsewhere (Amazon or BestBuy). I was assured I could.

When I went to add it (by phone I think), the first person I spoke to said I couldn't add it if Verizon was my carrier. I was a little steamed, but ended up calling again and speaking to someone else and was able to add it. IIRC, it was an odd process where I logged into my motorola account and they made it available for me to select (i.e. since I already had the device).

The only glitch was the Effective Date was ~1 month before I got the phone. After speaking to a few people, no one could understand why that was. I ordered the phone from BestBuy on 10/14 and received/activated it on 10/21, yet my MotoCare contract says effective date is 9/16/2015 - 9/17/2017. Eventually the rep just told me if I have a claim between 9/17/2017 and 10/21/2017 and can prove I didn't receive the phone until 10/21, they will honor it. I wondered if the 9/16 date was the date that IMEI was shipped to BestBuy.

This process is in contrast to Nexus Care, where you can *only* get Nexus Care when you order the device through the google store. I just bought a 5X for my son (with Nexus Care) and ordered through the google store rather than Amazon.

n8prkr

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my X from Motorola. It took over a week for Motorola's website to acknowledge the imei number to let purchase moto care. I am with Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App