Why am I having to reboot so often?

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
For about the past 3 weeks I've had to reboot my Moto X Pure about once a day or once every other day. For example: If I am in Hangouts, Fenix or Google+ I cannot interact with my settings or profile (hamburger menu more specifically). I can still interact with the rest of the app, but for some reason the upper left hand corner of the app is non-responsive. Once I reboot the phone everything works fine. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why my phone may be doing this? Is this something a factory reset may fix? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the Marshmallow update will fix that for you when it rolls out. I'd contact Motorola though and find out if they can send you a replacement.

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
^^ haha. All apps have issue's. :p
I know this sounds petty, but if you autorotate the screen so it's now opposite from what you are using, do you still have the same problem?

I am assuming this is the case... It sounds like a permission issue that the apps are fighting over. Possible something to do with notifications.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an HTC One that I never rebooted, I must say that the same happens in my MX.
It sounds there is a problem with something you installed. I'd first check my apps in your case.

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I received my Marshmallow update last Wednesday, December 9th, and *knock on wood* I have not had anymore problems. Thanks for all the help and advice everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos