Has anyone else noticed this? When I plug headphones directly into the phone I can use the sound effects, equalizer, ambience etc. If I however plug an external amp into the phone and then the headphones into the amp the equalizer does nothing.

This is different than on the Nexus 5x and Nexus 6 (not the P) that I have sitting here. With both of those, the equalizer and sound enhancements continue to work when plugged into the amp.

Also, can you change the actual equalizer settings on the Pure?? All I can do is select their presets, bass enhance, balanced etc. I can't seem to drag actual sliders in the 5 channel eq up or down.

On the Nexus phones I CAN move the sliders up and down. This all results in a better listening experience on the Nexus. I can send exactly eq'd audio out to a headphone amp and get awesome sound on any of my tons of headphones..

Am I missing something regarding the Pure?

Thanks...
    12-08-2015 12:32 AM
    Don't work over Bluetooth either. Almost all my listening is via Bluetooth headphones (Motorola Surround).
    12-08-2015 03:06 PM
    Well, thanks for the response. I wonder if they will ever change this..
    12-08-2015 04:10 PM
    Well, thanks for the response. I wonder if they will ever change this..
    Yes they did, they removed the sound settings altogether in MM.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-08-2015 09:22 PM
    Yes they did, they removed the sound settings altogether in MM.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yep, moot point now, since all of the sound and EQ setting option are gone in the current 6.0 release. Not sure if on purpose or not, but IMO is pure stupid in either case.
    12-09-2015 03:00 PM
    Open > Play Music > Settings > Equalizer. You can adjust for the default phone speakers as well as plugged in headphones. Settings stay even when not using Play Music. I don't use an external headphone amp so I don't know about that. Not sure what the benefit of using one would be.
    12-10-2015 12:01 PM