So I'm new to the MXPE, having had the phone for about a month. Overall I'm loving the phone. However the one thing that really bothers me is the responsiveness of the phone to two finger zoom in the camera app. When I separate my fingers on the screen, it sometimes zooms in, but often doesn't at all. If I pull them back together to zoom out, it sometimes zooms out. Or continues to zoom in. Or just does nothing at all. Nothing about these actions is consistent and this behavior makes it very difficult to smoothly zoom while shooting video.

Is there another way to zoom in and out? Note, the phone does not exhibit the same behavior in the gallery app when viewing photos. It only occurs when using the camera app.
    12-08-2015 11:55 AM
    Pinch/Spread to zoom in/out only works on images.

In Camera mode a slow single-finger swipe upwards zooms in & downwards to zoom back out.
    12-08-2015 12:00 PM
    So I'm new to the MXPE, having had the phone for about a month. Overall I'm loving the phone. However the one thing that really bothers me is the responsiveness of the phone to two finger zoom in the camera app. When I separate my fingers on the screen, it sometimes zooms in, but often doesn't at all. If I pull them back together to zoom out, it sometimes zooms out. Or continues to zoom in. Or just does nothing at all. Nothing about these actions is consistent and this behavior makes it very difficult to smoothly zoom while shooting video.

Is there another way to zoom in and out? Note, the phone does not exhibit the same behavior in the gallery app when viewing photos. It only occurs when using the camera app.
    That's not how you zoom using the Motorola Camera app.
    12-08-2015 02:23 PM
    Hah. Well that's my problem! Thanks for setting me straight! I mostly used an ipod or a digital camera for pictures before this phone. Its kind of strange that you zoom two different ways depending on being in the camera or in the gallery.

If you want to have a wild ride zooming while filming, give my method a try!
    12-08-2015 02:38 PM

Yeah I was so used to other camera apps that I would use two fingers only to find out you only need one finger to zoom.
    12-09-2015 11:33 AM