Got the OTA update to 6.0 which killed off Moto Assist. I mainly used it to silence the phone at work.

What is a good alternative?
    12-08-2015 07:16 PM
    Fit the OTA update to 6.0 which killed off Moto Assist. I mainly used it to silence the phone at work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.tryagent
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en
    12-08-2015 07:31 PM
    Thanks for that Agent suggestion. I already have Trigger and its an excellent app!

Trigger could handle meetings, but you have to create an action for when the meeting ends. I might want different volumes after a work meeting vs an evening function, so hopefully Agent will go back to whatever was set prior to the meeting event. Of course, I'll see what Marshmallow is able to do first...
    12-08-2015 08:01 PM
    Marshmallow has an "event" option under Do Not Disturb in the notification settings. It can be set up to read your calendar.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-08-2015 09:13 PM
    How about when you're driving? Will Assist still read texts, etc?
    12-08-2015 09:49 PM
    Assist is gone but that feature is now in the Voice section of the Moto app.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Laineyc and jephanie like this.
    12-08-2015 10:14 PM
    Marshmallow has an "event" option under Do Not Disturb in the notification settings. It can be set up to read your calendar.

I need it to be silent when I'm at the office, not just meetings. I'm trying SilencePlease now but it may be causing an issue with the volume on the phone when I'm not there. Need to uninstall it to see if it fixes it.
    12-08-2015 10:21 PM

Yeah, just tested it, works well. But the change from Busy/Available (Busy by default) is inconvenient.

Respond Yes/No/No response to quiet the phone means I have to invite myself to every event that I record where I want to quiet the phone OR I allow all events to be silent.

Either that or I need to learn to create another calendar for events that don't need to quiet my phone (like attend football game, run a 5k, at friends house, etc)
    jephanie likes this.
    12-08-2015 10:34 PM
    I'm sure people who are linked to an Exchange calendar find the new way convenient (accepting invites for events.)
    12-08-2015 10:39 PM
    Yes, it does. I used it this morning.
    12-09-2015 10:45 AM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...e-edition.html
    Laineyc likes this.
    12-09-2015 01:21 PM
    I need it to be silent when I'm at the office, not just meetings. I'm trying SilencePlease now but it may be causing an issue with the volume on the phone when I'm not there. Need to uninstall it to see if it fixes it.
    How about setting up a do not disturb profile for your work hours?

12-09-2015 04:58 PM
    How about setting up a do not disturb profile for your work hours?

Sure but then I have to remember to turn it off if I'm not there. I used to use something like that on my previous phone (HTC). Still don't know why Moto has to kill Assist off.
    12-09-2015 05:02 PM
    I got the Marshmallow update a couple of nights ago, and have been testing out the Do Not Disturb Automatic Rule for calendar events. Despite the fact that the options in the settings give you choices of Yes/No/Maybe/No Response, it works just fine for Busy/Available if you set it to silence your phone when your response is Yes. You do not need to "invite yourself" and respond. If your event is marked Busy, the DND rule kicks in and silences your phone, if it's marked as Available (or the Exchange equivalent "Free"), it does not kick in. It works equally well for Google Calendar and Exchange events (I have both and tried them both with events marked Busy or Available/Free, and they work the way they should). The only thing I cannot get to work is one of my Google Calendars that not my main calendar. It doesn't even show up in the "Any Calendar" list in the Do Not Disturb Automatic Rule settings, and I can find no way to add it in. My main Google Calendar (identified by my email address) and my Exchange Calendar are both there, and for some stupid reason Birthdays is in the Any Calendar list. (Really? Would someone really want to silence their phone because it's someone's birthday?) I don't think the Birthdays will affect anything, though, because they won't be marked as Busy or Responded Yes.
    12-10-2015 10:46 PM
    I got the Marshmallow update a couple of nights ago, and have been testing out the Do Not Disturb Automatic Rule for calendar events. Despite the fact that the options in the settings give you choices of Yes/No/Maybe/No Response, it works just fine for Busy/Available if you set it to silence your phone when your response is Yes. You do not need to "invite yourself" and respond. If your event is marked Busy, the DND rule kicks in and silences your phone, if it's marked as Available (or the Exchange equivalent "Free"), it does not kick in. It works equally well for Google Calendar and Exchange events (I have both and tried them both with events marked Busy or Available/Free, and they work the way they should). The only thing I cannot get to work is one of my Google Calendars that not my main calendar. It doesn't even show up in the "Any Calendar" list in the Do Not Disturb Automatic Rule settings, and I can find no way to add it in. My main Google Calendar (identified by my email address) and my Exchange Calendar are both there, and for some stupid reason Birthdays is in the Any Calendar list. (Really? Would someone really want to silence their phone because it's someone's birthday?) I don't think the Birthdays will affect anything, though, because they won't be marked as Busy or Responded Yes.
    Thanks for all of that info. I will put the busy/available settings to the test based on using the choice of "Yes".

Sorry to hear about your other calendar not showing as an option. I wonder if there is an easy way to duplicate that calendar with its existing events in tact... Essentially recreating that calendar, and then seeing if the recreated calendar is available in those settings.
    12-11-2015 09:32 AM
    Does anyone know of an app with location triggers like Moto Assist had? This was my favorite feature and I can't find a replacement.
    12-11-2015 10:15 AM
    Does anyone know of an app with location triggers like Moto Assist had? This was my favorite feature and I can't find a replacement.
    Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    12-11-2015 10:27 AM
    Got the OTA update to 6.0 which killed off Moto Assist. I mainly used it to silence the phone at work.

I recently had my phone replaced under warranty when I shattered my screen. The replacement phone was upgraded to Marshmallow. I tried speaking to Motorola regarding trying to get assist to work on my phone. After being told to "factory reset my new phone" I asked to speak to a supervisor who told me to "Clear the partition of my phone" and then try to re-install the app. I didn't do it out of lack of confidence in the customer support.

Does anyone know if clearing the partition on my phone would actually work? Someone below said the moto voice will read texts and announce phone calls/text when driving (I think) but I may have misunderstood. I wasn't able to easily find that feature on my new phone. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. This feature was the specific reason I purchased the Moto Pure phone when it first came out.

Thank you very much!!
    04-14-2017 03:02 PM
    Clearing your Cache won't hurt anything, but I don't know if it would help your situation.

As to reading texts aloud while driving...
    go to APPS>MOTO>select stars in upper right corner>select checkbox for MOTO VOICE>select TALK TO ME>select checkbox for DRIVING.
    04-19-2017 05:51 PM