6.0 Marshmallow: Speaker Volume, Sound Fades Away

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Installed the OTA update earlier and now I have a speaker volume problem. The volume level is turned up but the sound fades away after a couple seconds. On a video if I paused it and then hit play again the volume would go back up and then fade. Navigation did this each time a direction was given. Bluetooth speaker and wired headphones did not have the problem.

Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

bigmac429

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow 6.0: Speaker Volume, Sound Fades Away

I had a youtube video up after the update and the sound seemed to fade in and out as well on mine. Speaker volume was up almost all the way though. Did not try to duplicate the issue yet.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if this relates to the missing audio / EQ settings? Perhaps the firmware needs an update to fix "missing" audio options and also impacting sound level continuity. Or maybe not.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Installed the OTA update earlier and now I have a speaker volume problem. The volume level is turned up but the sound fades away after a couple seconds. On a video if I paused it and then hit play again the volume would go back up and then fade. Navigation did this each time a direction was given. Bluetooth speaker and wired headphones did not have the problem.

Anyone else have this problem?

Steps to reproduce?

Here's what I'm trying -

1. Maximize media volume.
2. Play YouTube video.
3. Pause video.
4. Play video.
5. Notice change in speaker volume.

..but there is no change. There is no fade out for me.

Also tried this with Google Play Music. And with media volume at 50%.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Steps to reproduce?

Here's what I'm trying -

1. Maximize media volume.
2. Play YouTube video.
3. Pause video.
4. Play video.
5. Notice change in speaker volume.

..but there is no change. There is no fade out for me.

Also tried this with Google Play Music. And with media volume at 50%.

After step 2 and 4 is where I had the fading in YouTube or other videos. After a reboot in not having the problem. I'll test it with navigation tonight on the way home.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if this relates to the missing audio / EQ settings? Perhaps the firmware needs an update to fix "missing" audio options and also impacting sound level continuity. Or maybe not.

The EQ settings are still there. Open the app "Play Music" go into settings and choose "Equalizer". You can adjust for wired headphones and the phones speakers. The settings appear to hold even after closing Play Music.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue.
The phone has been on MM, since about 30 minutes after it came out of the box.
I use DO NOT DISTURB every night, via an auto rule.
After DND turns off, I don't usually get any notification sounds, until I reboot.

Addverb

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Any body find a solution for this? My phone is doing this as well (Galaxy S7 Sprint) and it is so frustrating, I tried everything. Reboot, clear cache partition, safe mode, factory reset, etc. and the issue still occurs.

lgtomoto

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Force quitting or disabling Audio Effects app is a fix. If I recall correctly, a reboot was also necessary. I just checked the app and is enabled, so maybe it just needed to be cycled off and then back on. this all happened about a month ago, so the fix is holding.

Chewbassi

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Any body find a solution for this? My phone is doing this as well (Galaxy S7 Sprint) and it is so frustrating, I tried everything. Reboot, clear cache partition, safe mode, factory reset, etc. and the issue still occurs.

Did you solve it yet? I have a samsung s7 edge and I'm getting the same problems. I did all the stuff you did. If anyone can help me out I will love you for ever

jnegrin881

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I just read on another thread to install "soundabout" app. I did it and yahoo, it works gret now. Just set media to speaker and everything else leave on default.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513