6.0 Marshmallow: Enable Battery Percentage

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You can enable the battery percentage with the System UI tuner.

Pull down your quick settings — either swipe down on the notifications then swipe again, or use a two-finger swipe. In the top right, you'll see the gear icon. Tapping it is a shortcut to your settings, but tapping and holding it for a few seconds will open a hidden menu in settings.

Long press that gear until you see it spin, then keep holding until you get a pop-up toast message telling you "Congrats! System UI Tuner has been added to Settings."

Now go into the settings, scroll down, and you'll see the new menu item listed. When you open it for the first time, you'll get a warning that these features are experimental and may break things, and may disappear in the future. If you're good with that, tap on "GOT IT" at the bottom and proceed.

Once System UI Tuner is enabled, go to Settings > System UI Tuner > and toggle "Show embedded battery percentage" on.

Note: this will disable if you disable the System UI Tuner option.

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Can't get this to work. I press on the gear icon and a light gray halo appears over it and I've been holding for up to 30 seconds and nothing happens. Tried multiple times, rebooted, tried again. Does it have to be the stock launcher? I'm using Nova...I'm wondering if that's it?

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Can't get this to work. I press on the gear icon and a light gray halo appears over it and I've been holding for up to 30 seconds and nothing happens. Tried multiple times, rebooted, tried again. Does it have to be the stock launcher? I'm using Nova...I'm wondering if that's it?

I would try the stock launcher. I tried it on my Nexus 9 and it worked (stock launcher)

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It worked for me with Nova. I held the gear icon, saw the gray halo, couldn't tell if the gear was spinning due to my fat finger on it, held if for about five seconds after the halo appeared and then let go, and then the popup appeared. I've repeated this successfully several times.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Doesn't have to be the stock launcher.

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
It worked for me with Nova. I held the gear icon, saw the gray halo, couldn't tell if the gear was spinning due to my fat finger on it, held if for about five seconds after the halo appeared and then let go, and then the popup appeared. I've repeated this successfully several times.
This is the correct procedure. Nothing will pop up until you've held it a few seconds then let go.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Nice. Worked like a charm. Just don't know if I want it there yet lol

Posted via the Android Central App

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I cant get mine to work either. I have the stock launcher and developer options selected. Ive restarted my phone and toggled developer settings off and on.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I cant get mine to work either. I have the stock launcher and developer options selected. Ive restarted my phone and toggled developer settings off and on.

After you hold the gear do you then look at the bottom of the settings page?

Should be the last option you see
14807.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

NY1983

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. Make sure you have animations enabled in the developer options. Took a bit of searching online to figure that out.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree. The embedded battery percent is too small, for most folks.
I use the battery icon as a gauge and just pull status bar down, twice if I want the exact percentage. Much easier to read, there.

n8prkr

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree. The embedded battery percent is too small, for most folks.
I use the battery icon as a gauge and just pull status bar down, twice if I want the exact percentage. Much easier to read, there.

FYI, if you swipe down with two fingers it goes straight to the shade you get when swiping twice...

MOTO X PURE 6.0