You can enable the battery percentage with the System UI tuner.

Pull down your quick settings — either swipe down on the notifications then swipe again, or use a two-finger swipe. In the top right, you'll see the gear icon. Tapping it is a shortcut to your settings, but tapping and holding it for a few seconds will open a hidden menu in settings.

Long press that gear until you see it spin, then keep holding until you get a pop-up toast message telling you "Congrats! System UI Tuner has been added to Settings."

Now go into the settings, scroll down, and you'll see the new menu item listed. When you open it for the first time, you'll get a warning that these features are experimental and may break things, and may disappear in the future. If you're good with that, tap on "GOT IT" at the bottom and proceed.
    Once System UI Tuner is enabled, go to Settings > System UI Tuner > and toggle "Show embedded battery percentage" on.

Note: this will disable if you disable the System UI Tuner option.
    12-09-2015 01:50 PM
    Can't get this to work. I press on the gear icon and a light gray halo appears over it and I've been holding for up to 30 seconds and nothing happens. Tried multiple times, rebooted, tried again. Does it have to be the stock launcher? I'm using Nova...I'm wondering if that's it?
    12-09-2015 02:50 PM
    Can't get this to work. I press on the gear icon and a light gray halo appears over it and I've been holding for up to 30 seconds and nothing happens. Tried multiple times, rebooted, tried again. Does it have to be the stock launcher? I'm using Nova...I'm wondering if that's it?
    I would try the stock launcher. I tried it on my Nexus 9 and it worked (stock launcher)
    12-09-2015 02:55 PM
    It worked for me with Nova. I held the gear icon, saw the gray halo, couldn't tell if the gear was spinning due to my fat finger on it, held if for about five seconds after the halo appeared and then let go, and then the popup appeared. I've repeated this successfully several times.
    schwars1 and Ry like this.
    12-09-2015 03:44 PM
    Doesn't have to be the stock launcher.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-09-2015 05:52 PM
    This article says Developer Options need to be enabled first: How to Enable the Hidden System UI Tuner Menu in Android Marshmallow « Android Gadget Hacks

I already had it enabled but after disabling and then re-enabling Developer Options, I was able to get the System UI Tuner menu to finally show up. I like the batt % in the battery icon. Nice feature.
    12-09-2015 06:03 PM
    I didn't need to do anything with Developer Options to enable System UI Tuner.
    Ry likes this.
    12-09-2015 06:51 PM
    It worked for me with Nova. I held the gear icon, saw the gray halo, couldn't tell if the gear was spinning due to my fat finger on it, held if for about five seconds after the halo appeared and then let go, and then the popup appeared. I've repeated this successfully several times.
    This is the correct procedure. Nothing will pop up until you've held it a few seconds then let go.
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-09-2015 06:59 PM
    I didn't need to do anything with Developer Options to enable System UI Tuner.
    This is correct.
    12-09-2015 07:29 PM
    Nice. Worked like a charm. Just don't know if I want it there yet lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ry likes this.
    12-09-2015 11:42 PM
    It's too hard to read.
    12-09-2015 11:53 PM
    I cant get mine to work either. I have the stock launcher and developer options selected. Ive restarted my phone and toggled developer settings off and on.
    12-13-2015 09:23 PM
    same here tooo small. Gsam Battery Monitor is what im using and im able to read the % on it.
    12-13-2015 09:31 PM
    I cant get mine to work either. I have the stock launcher and developer options selected. Ive restarted my phone and toggled developer settings off and on.
    After you hold the gear do you then look at the bottom of the settings page?

Should be the last option you see
    6.0 Marshmallow: Enable Battery Percentage-14807.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-13-2015 10:46 PM
    I had the same problem. Make sure you have animations enabled in the developer options. Took a bit of searching online to figure that out.
    Ry likes this.
    12-14-2015 12:43 AM
    I had the same problem. Make sure you have animations enabled in the developer options. Took a bit of searching online to figure that out.
    Good tip.
    12-28-2015 02:51 PM
    Had to give it a try... so tiny.
    12-29-2015 07:50 AM
    Had to give it a try... so tiny.
    Yeap. It's unreadable. I was disappointed.
    isdaako likes this.
    12-29-2015 08:54 AM
    I agree. The embedded battery percent is too small, for most folks.
    I use the battery icon as a gauge and just pull status bar down, twice if I want the exact percentage. Much easier to read, there.
    12-30-2015 01:24 PM
    I agree. The embedded battery percent is too small, for most folks.
    I use the battery icon as a gauge and just pull status bar down, twice if I want the exact percentage. Much easier to read, there.
    FYI, if you swipe down with two fingers it goes straight to the shade you get when swiping twice...

MOTO X PURE 6.0
    12-30-2015 05:32 PM
    thanks a lot great job
    12-09-2016 12:52 PM