10-26-2016 09:44 AM
65 123
tools
    So I tried to wipe the cache partition, this didn't help. What solved the problem:
    I removed all google accounts (in Google settings), and then added them back. After 15 minutes during which I was sure my contacts were lost forever, everything returned to normal, and I even can see the contacts in past calls in the call log. Yay
    Hi Sasha.
    Thank you very much! It worked, simple as that!!
    12-28-2015 05:05 AM
    Thanks!
    After a lot of reading found this post, it worked!

Thanks so much.
    12-29-2015 07:47 AM
    Thank you Coresh. I'ts solved my problem. Recently I have changed all my contacts details from 054 to +972 4 ...
    Coresh likes this.
    01-02-2016 06:18 AM
    Thanks!
    After a lot of reading found this post, it worked!

Thanks so much.
    Which of the methods had worked for you? ☺

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-02-2016 08:25 AM
    Coresh
    My message was edited and I expect you to do so as well - and calling a fellow member "You Israeli" is bordering raciscm - That will be music to ears of the few Israeli forum moderator who will be more than willing to kick you away from membership- calling someone names is much more severe than calling an offered solution names.
    Having said that, I had no intention to insult you or anyone on this forum trying to help other fellow users.
    English is not my mother tongue so I wrongly choose inappropriate word that has harsh meaning for native english speaking folks like yourself
    Let's close this deal ; as it is only a matter of misunderstanding each other and unlike yourself I am not so enthusiastic on snitching on other members.
    I do appreciate anyone here trying to help others.
    Alon3232
    Coresh and Jorge_Aguiar like this.
    01-02-2016 09:18 AM
    Hi Alon,
    No problem, man, apology accepted, and I've edited my previous post.
    I've intentionally wrote my previous response to you in Hebrew, and used the words "You Israeli" - to show you I'm an Israel my self (and my native language is Hebrew, not English), which makes it less reasonable that I'm a racist against my own people, right? although you're right, and I probably should not have use these words, because it can be wrongly interpreted as racism.
    I was not insulted, just thought it was rude calling other solution - not necessarily mine - sh**t (and btw, if I knew that removing google account will fix the problem, I would gladly do it).
    I know that in Hebrew you might have been sound more casual and slang-speaking, but not here, in my opinion - so yeh, probably a misunderstanding.
    So all's good or in Hebrew -
    הכל טוב, הכי חשוב עכשיו שיתפסו את הזבל האנושי שירה בתל אביב אתמול!
    alon3232 likes this.
    01-02-2016 11:54 AM
    Hi All,
    I had the same issue with the Moto G 3d Gen (2015) device after upgrade to the 6.0
    I haven"t tried the proposed solution ( which might be very useful - so i"m posting it in case it didn"t work for you) but use another one:
    download number fixer application
    delete area/country code: search for the numbers with 10 digits and use this step is for removing leading zero from the number.
    for example: 054-5454545 becomes 54-5454545
    Add area/country code: search for the numbers with 9 digits( it's 9 now when the leading zero is removed) and add the following prefix +972 (your country code) so in our example it will become +972545488023

now you expect to have yoru numbers alligned
    *I"m from Israel /Golan Telecom - whcih leads me to think it might be a localization problem
    01-06-2016 08:25 AM
    I had the same problem.
    Can confirm that removing Google accts & then re-syncing solved the issue.

I cleared cache partition and the data from the contacts app, which didn't help.
    P.S. I'm also Israeli.
    Coresh and Jorge_Aguiar like this.
    01-07-2016 08:52 AM
    Coresh you are so awesome!! תודה רבה !!!
    Coresh likes this.
    01-07-2016 11:09 AM
    So I tried to wipe the cache partition, this didn't help. What solved the problem:
    I removed all google accounts (in Google settings), and then added them back. After 15 minutes during which I was sure my contacts were lost forever, everything returned to normal, and I even can see the contacts in past calls in the call log. Yay
    how would I do this? I dont want to end up ruining my account and such..
    01-07-2016 03:44 PM
    Hi Guys,

I have a 2014 Moto X with the same issue in Costa Rica, I am going to try with the remove google account

Thanks!
    01-07-2016 04:46 PM
    I had the same problem wuth the Marshmallow update, but with the Moto g (3rd gen) (also from Israel). The app works fine and fix the problem. Thank's for finding this app, and thank's to the devs of this app. After 30 seconds all done and problem fix!!!
    Coresh likes this.
    01-08-2016 10:39 AM
    One of the SOLUTIONS
    Hi All,
    Step1: Take a backup of all your contacts (keep a vcf to your gmail account)
    Step2: delete all the contacts (manually by selecting all the contacts from the contacts app)
    Step2: import all the contacts from the backup VCF file.
    Now try calling and also check the incoming call......IT'S WORKING

Joy of contributing for the first time
    01-11-2016 04:25 PM
    Possibly easier solution: clear data for the Contacts Storage app (not Contacts -- you need to mark "Show System" for this app to appear in the list). Then just wait for next sync.

At least it worked on my Moto G which had this same problem after upgrading to 6.0. Wipes call history as well, though.

Best regards,
    - Matías
    Ry and tech_head like this.
    01-12-2016 02:19 PM
    Thanks Sasha, I was succesfull with your solution, but all my photos disappeared. Any ideas to recover them?

Thanks
    01-13-2016 11:02 AM
    Sasha Medv, thanks a lot, solved the problem on my Moto G Turbo.
    01-21-2016 06:58 PM
    thank you Sasha, it worked.

Thank you
    01-22-2016 08:19 AM
    Possibly easier solution: clear data for the Contacts Storage app (not Contacts -- you need to mark "Show System" for this app to appear in the list). Then just wait for next sync.

At least it worked on my Moto G which had this same problem after upgrading to 6.0. Wipes call history as well, though.

Best regards,
    - Matías
    Thanks, Matias. I had some contacts that I just couldn't delete but your suggestion successfully cleared them.
    01-22-2016 12:43 PM

Best regards,
    - Matías
    I hadn't thought of this solution.
    It's the only one that worked for me.
    THANKS!!!!
    02-02-2016 09:16 PM
    Hello All.
    Is there any solution that I can keep my contacts with country prefix and yet to be recognized ?
    I like it with country prefix...
    02-04-2016 01:22 PM
    What do you do if you don't have contacts in Gmail? I only have the 2 others that use Gmail.
    I only use it for Play store. I use GMX, Fossamail and Aquamail. I get mail via IMAP or POP3.

I simply don't want to bother with Google. They annoyed me with Buzz years ago. Play and Books are sufficient. I like my apps. I don't do personal business on the phone, so a lot is moot. I prefer my Linux desktop.

All my contacts are already vcf files. I can update the files on the computer and transfer back and forth.
    02-05-2016 07:30 PM
    it's a common issue with 6.0 it got fixed when my N5 got 6.0.1

I still suffer the same on the Androidone device running 6.0

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-06-2016 02:40 AM
    Hi. I did what you suggested (closing the google account and reopen it on the device )and it worked only for 10 minutes and after that the problem come back.
    Please advice
    Please call me +972-50-8717474
    02-18-2016 05:16 AM
    Even easier work around...Go into APPS via Settings/General/Apps and Force Stop Messaging, Contacts, and Dialer Apps. After doing so, next time you run those apps they will recognize your saved contacts and you won't lose any history.
    02-24-2016 11:10 AM
    I've tried this, but it doesn't do anything. When I clear data, it says that data is in 0 B, but all then contacts are still there...
    03-07-2016 02:32 PM
65 123