10-26-2016 08:44 AM
65 123
tools
    I removed my Google account from "Accounts", and added it back, and my contacts did start displaying correctly in call logs and incoming calls. Unfortunately after a few days, they again stopped displaying correctly. Interestingly, a few contacts do display correctly, but I can see no difference between those that do and those that don't. I've seen the suggestion to clear the Data and Cache from Contacts, but warnings seem dire, and I'm hesitant to do so. I'm about to call Motorola support. If I find a permanent solution that works, I'll post it here. Moto X Pure; Marshmallow.
    03-08-2016 10:09 AM
    I didn't have any problem with the contact since the fix I did manually to remove the number prefixes. The fix can be also automatically performed with the Twitch! app I've mentioned in this thread. This solution seem to be the most stable, so until we get Marshmallow 6.0.1 that fixes it, I recommend using Twitch!
    03-09-2016 06:30 AM
    I'm not going to take the time read all the comments, but I thought I had the problem on my new Moto X Pure after upgrading to Marshmellow....I just went into the regular device Settings/Accounts/Google. You will see you accounts (if you have more than one), click on them and make sure your contacts are set to sync (as well as anything else you want, or don't want synced.

This solved it immediately.
    03-13-2016 11:19 AM
    I'm not going to take the time read all the comments, but I thought I had the problem on my new Moto X Pure after upgrading to Marshmellow....I just went into the regular device Settings/Accounts/Google. You will see you accounts (if you have more than one), click on them and make sure your contacts are set to sync (as well as anything else you want, or don't want synced.

This solved it immediately.
    Hi,

If you did take the time to read all the comments, you would know that this is only a temporary solution. The contacts get messed up again after a while.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-14-2016 05:17 PM
    So I tried to wipe the cache partition, this didn't help. What solved the problem:
    I removed all google accounts (in Google settings), and then added them back. After 15 minutes during which I was sure my contacts were lost forever, everything returned to normal, and I even can see the contacts in past calls in the call log. Yay
    Sasha, thanks a bunch. Your tip was very useful. I exported my contacts to .vcf and then deleted ALL contacts. Having done that, I imported the .vcf earlier saved and Voila! Problem solved.
    Thanks again (Nigeria).
    04-04-2016 03:22 AM
    The android team should call it a bug and fix it. Nokia used to compare only the last 6 digits of a call. What are the chances that you have in your contact list 2 contacts with the same last 6 digits? This does not happen on samsung or iphone and should not happen on a pure edition causing all these customers waste of time and discontent with the pure edition.
    05-20-2016 12:38 AM
    Marshmallow does not use the same contact picture format that Lollipop did. As such, you must remove your contact pictures and add them again. This is the only way around this problem. If you use the same lollipop contact picture file and just add it back, it will solve the problem. However, the resolution is worse with Marshmallow as Marshmallow gives a larger picture with more pixels. Marshmallow will expand the low resolution Lollipop picture and the resolution will be worse. The best fix is to go back to the original, high pixel picture and add it back to your contacts. This will allow you to enjoy a nice, large picture when using your phone with Marshmallow. Unfortunately this fix takes a little time. Try it on one contact and you will see that it works!
    06-05-2016 07:39 PM
    I have a Galaxy s5 with the same problem. Clearing the cache and reinstalling your google account will only fix the problem for an hour or so. The problem will return. The format of the picture format in lollipop is different than that of Marshmallow. You must remove the contact pictures and reinstall them to have a permanent fix. Unfortunately, if you use the same contact picture file that is currently in your contacts and reinstall it, it will have lower resolution in your contacts with Marshmallow due to the larger picture and greater number of pixels that Marshmallow allows. It is best if you can go back to the original, high pixel picture file and add it back to the contacts. This way you will have a nice large and clear picture of your contact person when using your phone.
    06-07-2016 11:21 AM
    Another one user of Moto X Pure Edition with Android 6.0.0 here.
    Same problem, same country (Israel), operator HOT.
    Remove-Add google account did not help me. I also made factory reset.
    Any new ideas/recommendations?
    08-02-2016 10:43 AM
    I have this issue on Moto X Pure with T-Mobile in the USA and this is a killer! Although it was not like this before update a few weeks back! Here is my BIG problem, individual called me about a job, we talked for awhile and I stated I needed to call him back (boss walked in, not cool to talk then) As I was looking at screen, I assured I would call and read his number off screen.

I come back later, HIS call is not in call log? Other call's I received/made in my Google contacts are listed, not THAT call! I called T-Mobile as asked for my last incoming call and they were no help. I read all the suggestions here, but since he was never in Contact List or Google, clearing Cache or recreating/resyncing not going to help?

Suggestions......
    08-04-2016 11:47 AM
    Same issue in Israel. Any permanent solutions yet?
    09-01-2016 08:59 AM
    I'm in RI, USA, and have the same issue... So I don't think it's region specific. I have a Moto X Pure tho, so I think it's phone specific
    09-02-2016 08:48 AM
    Dont know if this helps anyone, but I have the same issue - I'm based in Scotland, UK. I found that if you create a new contact, then save it through Google: My drive, it stays in the phone for at least 20 mins so far.

Law
    09-17-2016 09:09 AM
    I had the same problem:
    A recently saved contact will dissapear in about 20 minutes...

I use a moto g3 in Brazil, and it's sync with outlook 365.
    From outlook, I can see contacts called "no name" and with no information at all.
    10-20-2016 12:19 PM
    If you can save your contacts as a vcf list, see it you can import that list into Google. Keep the file, you will have it for repeat tries if necessary. If it does enter successfully, then you should be able to edit contacts as normal and you will have to. Vcf keeps number and name only. No ringtones or addresses.
    10-26-2016 08:44 AM
65 123