6.0 Marshmallow: Phone keeps power cycling and optimizing apps

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Got the Marshmallow update this morning, phones been good for about 14 hours and now all of a sudden while updating apps the phone re-started and has been re-starting ever since. It goes through boot-up screens to the "hand stitched" screen and then shows me a small message indicating it is optimizing 1 of 27 apps like it is doing an upgrade, it will sit on that for a few seconds and then the screen just goes black. After a couple minutes the process starts over again all by itself. It has been sitting here on my desk doing this for about 45 minutes now. Looks like I was able to experience Marshmallow for about a day, going to have to head back to the Nexus 6 (with no Marshmallow yet) and get a hold of Moto.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone keeps power cycling and optimizing apps

Well it rectified itself after roughly an hour. It finally rebooted and made its way through all 27 of the 118 apps on my phone that it was trying to optimize and seems to be working correctly now. One of the app updates that was occurring when this started was for Google connectivity services, wonder if that caused the problem.

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Phone keeps power cycling and optimizing apps

I was about to say that it sounds like MM was not liking an app. Glad it's sorted out for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

ScarletKitten

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Got the Marshmallow update this morning, phones been good for about 14 hours and now all of a sudden while updating apps the phone re-started and has been re-starting ever since. It goes through boot-up screens to the "hand stitched" screen and then shows me a small message indicating it is optimizing 1 of 27 apps like it is doing an upgrade, it will sit on that for a few seconds and then the screen just goes black. After a couple minutes the process starts over again all by itself. It has been sitting here on my desk doing this for about 45 minutes now. Looks like I was able to experience Marshmallow for about a day, going to have to head back to the Nexus 6 (with no Marshmallow yet) and get a hold of Moto.
Mine has been doing this on my z5 compact for about 6 weeks and is so frustrating... I've flashed it, I've reinstalled everything but nothing works. I'm starting to give up and just buy another phone instead!!!