Moto X Pure 2015, MMS and Google Now trouble, can I get some help?

amva55

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Moto X Pure 2015, MMS and Google Now touble

When I turn on the WiFi at home I'm unable to receive or send MMS messages, either with attachments (pictures videos) or SMS to multiple recipients which is treated as an MMS. Also on Google now the stories to read disappeared. The MMS only works when the WiFi is turned off and the stories on Google Now come to life if location is turned off. I thought that Marshmallow would've fixed this but I received the update yesterday evening and it did not solve these two problems. Any suggestions?

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Dang. I thought marshmallow might fix that too. I also can't send/receive mms over wifi. If someone sends a pic I get a download button but it won't download until I turn off wifi.
The google now thing doesn't happen for me though. It works fine on wifi.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure 2015, MMS and Google Now touble

One suggestion I would make would be to try Textra. In the settings of the app, there is an option for T-Mobile users and MMS that temporary disables Wi-Fi to send and receive MMS. You obviously don't have to be a T-Mobile customer to use it. Just one option

lkmel

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Do you have PushBullet? If so, you should uninstall that. I was having the same issue and uninstalled it and am not having issues with MMS.

amva55

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm using Textra and it works, thanx Cam G. One thing though, I cannot archive my messages with Textra as I did with the Google Messenger, and it's crowded in there when I open Textra.

amva55

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Textra solved the problem as Cam G suggested, just crowded there because of no archiving, and have to scroll a lot to find the person I want to sms or mms

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site

I'm using Textra and it works, thanx Cam G. One thing though, I cannot archive my messages with Textra as I did with the Google Messenger, and it's crowded in there when I open Textra.
No problem! Glad I could help