6.0 Marshmallow: Browser Lag?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Since updating, both Chrome and Boat Browser are lagging terribly. Swiping up and down is brutal as well as just using almost any functions within each app. Anyone notice browser issues since Marshmallow, or have any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Moto X Pure

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow/Browser Lag

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition on recovery? Also, clear cache for the browsers and see if it makes a difference.

tk42one

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I'm noticing browser lag on a few particular websites that I visit often - this site being one of them.

LongbranchPennywhistle

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

I'm noticing browser lag on a few particular websites that I visit often - this site being one of them.
I have noticed this as well. But it only seems to be on certain sites.....not all. Perhaps it's a chrome bug with Marshmallow? Has anyone seen other users of 6.0 reporting it on other devices?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition on recovery? Also, clear cache for the browsers and see if it makes a difference.

I did do this and I'm still getting the lag. Boat browser is almost unusable and chrome is not far off. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm just going to uninstall Boat, shame too bc I paid for the pro version, and uninstall/install chrome. Maybe that will help.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I did do this and I'm still getting the lag. Boat browser is almost unusable and chrome is not far off. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm just going to uninstall Boat, shame too bc I paid for the pro version, and uninstall/install chrome. Maybe that will help.

Have you already tried booting your phone in safe mode? Maybe there's just a conflict with a third party app. I've read some reports of similar issues after the Marshmallow update and in some cases the culprit was an antivirus app. Do you have any installed in your phone? Check what's listed under settings - security - device administrators.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I am getting the same thing with Dolphin. Today I wanted to read a story on AndroidCentral and was forced to shut the browser and search the app for the story.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

Have you already tried booting your phone in safe mode? Maybe there's just a conflict with a third party app. I've read some reports of similar issues after the Marshmallow update and in some cases the culprit was an antivirus app. Do you have any installed in your phone? Check what's listed under settings - security - device administrators.

I did not boot into safe mode as of yet. I checked device administrators, it's Android device manager, which is checked, and Android pay and Action Launcher, both not checked.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Moto X Pure

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I too am seeing this lag in Chrome. Some sites, not all (this is one of them). I tried wiping the cache, no good. I'm hoping a Chrome update will fix it.