Moto X SUPCASE Review

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I was unable to compress the images for this review enough, so here is a link to them.

As much as the soft touch back on the Moto X Pure Edition helps it stay in my hand (most of the time), sometimes you just need a little extra grip. I’d be terrified to take my phone running or out on a rainy day without a little extra protection. That’s where the SUPCASE Premium Hybrid Protective Case comes in.

Amazon currently has three options for the SUPCASE: a black/black option, blue/frost and the model I purchased, the black/frost. For my tastes, the blue used was too light, and the frost lets me still see my blue back. Getting the phone in and out of the case is fairly easy, and everything matches up well. The power and volume buttons are duplicated on the case, and are a little hard to press beneath the silicon. The micro USB port is fully accessible, and I had no problems plugging in any of my chargers (including the phone’s turbocharger) with the case on. Best of all, the case doesn’t add too much bulk to the phone, and I’d have no issues fitting it into my jeans pocket, for example.

In a 100% non scientific example, I accidentally left my Moto X inside the case on top of a piece of gym equipment about 6 feet off the ground, and it was knocked off. When I found it, there was no damage to either the phone or case. I wouldn’t recommend dropping heavy weights on it, but it should provide protection for most other accidents. Finally, there’s more than enough grip that I can go running and not worry about everything falling out of my sweaty hands.

The SUPCASE starts at $13.99 on Amazon for the black/frost model I purchased, and $18.99 for the other two models. Even if you get one of the slightly more expensive models, it’s a worthy investment to protect your phone. The SUPCASE can be purchased here.

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I've had my eye on those, thanks for your writeup.

BTW I'm getting a "folder not found" message when I click that link.

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Only reason I'm not getting this case is because the buttons are hard to press with it.
I want the incipio octane, which is better and also much more expensive, but didn't find a good deal on it with an international shipping.

Posted via the Android Central App

Chamsalot

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Very pleased with my black/black option. Accidentally dropped from a height of 3'ft, no damage to case or Moto X Pure. I do have a screen protector on it, as well as the Seidio Holster (the DILEX PRO Holster for the Note 5, which fits perfectly well for the Moto X Pure in the Supcase).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze