Something I have noticed since upgrading to Marshmallow, and probably the only thing I don't like, is that music playback, for instance Spotify, will not longer mute whenever the phone is "Speaking." In fact, it doesn't even reduce in volume at all, whenever the phone is giving feedback through Moto Voice all other sounds will continue at full volume as well.

The reason this is an issue for me is that I tend to use the phone as my music source plugged in via an Aux cable, in the past, I could have sworn that other sounds were reduced in volume or muted whenever the phone was "speaking." That made voice commands while in the car driving actually usable, but now they are not anymore. I could use things like talk to me, replying to messages, etc. but if other sounds don't get muted, I can't interact with it at all, there's too much noise with music still going.

Is there any way around this issue? To "fix" this? Or would it be basically a no-go without the possibility of root and elaborate measures?
    12-14-2015 01:08 PM
    It's muting/reducing audio playback volume for me over Bluetooth.
    12-14-2015 02:14 PM
    Muting works over Bluetooth. I'm not sure I've ever tried it via the headphone jack.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-14-2015 03:49 PM
    Muting works over Bluetooth. I'm not sure I've ever tried it via the headphone jack.

That might just be it then. It works only over bluetooth. Prior to 6.0, I could have sworn it worked via headphone jack as well though. I was hoping it was potentially a setting to have it enabled universally.
    12-14-2015 04:29 PM

As of earlier today or yesterday, the muting now takes place over headphone jack as well now. With talk to me or driving mode on, it mutes other sounds while speaking. I didn't actively do anything on my end, a recent update to something seems to have reverted it to the old behavior.
    thejesse likes this.
    12-17-2015 08:22 PM