6.0 Marshmallow: T-Mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: What us TMO?

All those who choose to pull the SIM card, remember one thing: the SIM and SD cards are mounted to the removable holder. So, before you turn your phone off, unmount your SD card. Otherwise, you could corrupt it and lose all your goodies.

Yeah been there.. No bueno

Posted via the Android Central App

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Update Complete

Well, I don't know exactly what I expected, but I'm sitting here staring at my phone waiting for it to do something. But hey... at least I got Marshmallow and now I can stop waiting to get Marshmallow :)

Here's hoping I don't run into any issues haha.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Update Complete

Marshmallow doesn't look different, but it has new functions and improvements. Google Now On Tap, Doze, the ability to convert external storage (SD card) to permanent internal storage, i.e. "adoptable storage," tweaks to drop down notification panel - including the addition of System UI Tuner. There are other more technical changes too that someone here can probably explain.

It's been good so far, except adoptable storage does not work well, but maybe future updates will make it better?

I have had better battery life on MM.

YahyaRivero

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Edition - OTA (6.0) on T-Mobile?

Wait, there's an official 6.0 update for T-Mobile?

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Update Complete

Marshmallow doesn't look different, but it has new functions and improvements. Google Now On Tap, Doze, the ability to convert external storage (SD card) to permanent internal storage, i.e. "adoptable storage," tweaks to drop down notification panel - including the addition of System UI Tuner. There are other more technical changes too that someone here can probably explain.

It's been good so far, except adoptable storage does not work well, but maybe future updates will make it better?

I have had better battery life on MM.

Funny enough, the font on my Chronus calendar widget changed... So there's that. :) But yea I know about all the changes. It was just funny to me, after waiting and waiting, its here and I'm like... Well, I got Marshmallow now... Cool. Haha.

Good news is so far it's been totally trouble-free. Nice and smooth, although it was before too.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I just did some research on wifi calling with TMO. The tech explained that it is something that is actually installed by the manufacturer at the request of the carriers. So, since the MXPE is not sold through TMO, TMO has not requested that Motorola put it in the phones they produce and sell. T-Mobile is one of the two carriers that offers wifi calling, but since it doesn't offer the MXPE for sale.... Basically, that means no wifi calling for us...unless it comes in a software update (if that's possible).

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just did some research on wifi calling with TMO. The tech explained that it is something that is actually installed by the manufacturer at the request of the carriers. So, since the MXPE is not sold through TMO, TMO has not requested that Motorola put it in the phones they produce and sell. T-Mobile is one of the two carriers that offers wifi calling, but since it doesn't offer the MXPE for sale.... Basically, that means no wifi calling for us...unless it comes in a software update (if that's possible).

Which doesn't make much sense -- since the Nexus 6P also isn't sold by T-Mobile but I can use WiFi calling without a hiccup since MM (6.0) has WiFi calling / VoLTE built into it.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Which doesn't make much sense -- since the Nexus 6P also isn't sold by T-Mobile but I can use WiFi calling without a hiccup since MM (6.0) has WiFi calling / VoLTE built into it.

That may be with the Nexus device. But it doesn't seem to be built into the Moto XPE. From what I was told, it's up to the manufacturer. There's a choice in Settings, if it's available, whether to turn it on or not. There is no choice in the the MXPE settings.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That may be with the Nexus device. But it doesn't seem to be built into the Moto XPE. From what I was told, it's up to the manufacturer. There's a choice in Settings, if it's available, whether to turn it on or not. There is no choice in the the MXPE settings.

Yeah I get that but just saying that doesn't add up. They say they have to put their software on it which was true.. Before MM. Now that MM has it baked in it should be able to work. Either T-Mobile had Motorola not put it in or Motorola decided to take it out. The 6P gets the same update from Google.. Regardless of carrier. However if you have a T-Mobile SIM in the phone it will show wifi calling in the menu whereas one with a Verizon SIM will not have the option.

T-Mobile isn't controlling the software for the 6P.. So Google is allowing it to work. So my main thing is it's either Motorola taking it out to not have to deal with it.. Or T-Mobile maybe making the request to Motorola and they're listening.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I get that but just saying that doesn't add up. They say they have to put their software on it which was true.. Before MM. Now that MM has it baked in it should be able to work. Either T-Mobile had Motorola not put it in or Motorola decided to take it out. The 6P gets the same update from Google.. Regardless of carrier. However if you have a T-Mobile SIM in the phone it will show wifi calling in the menu whereas one with a Verizon SIM will not have the option.

T-Mobile isn't controlling the software for the 6P.. So Google is allowing it to work. So my main thing is it's either Motorola taking it out to not have to deal with it.. Or T-Mobile maybe making the request to Motorola and they're listening.

Hard to tell what's actually going on. If it's baked into 6.0, it should show somewhere in the settings, but it doesn't. It doesn't make sense to me either.

rdavenp3

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I got the phone with the Amazon $100 off deal. If Moto isn't going to add it, then it goes back, which is a shame because the screen is gorgeous. I'm in a dead zone at my house and need WiFi calling.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got the phone with the Amazon $100 off deal. If Moto isn't going to add it, then it goes back, which is a shame because the screen is gorgeous. I'm in a dead zone at my house and need WiFi calling.

Do you get signal outside the house at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.