05-13-2017 01:34 AM
30 12
tools
    No luck. The computer shows me two folders: Internal Storage and SanDisk SD Card.

Internal Storage shows: 9.23 GB free of 24.0 GB
    SanDisk SD card shows: 128 GB free of 183 GB

When I open the SanDisk SD card there is absolutely nothing showing there. I copied an image to the folder and now that one image shows up but nothing else.

HOW do I manage to access and manipulate the data on the card? I really need to be able to see and manipulate the data. The computer shows the card and tells me how much is used and how much is free but it acts as if all of the data is invisible.
    04-29-2016 02:45 PM
    I took the card out of the phone and stuck it into a card reader on my computer. The contents show up just fine that way. I copied the entire contents to a folder on the computer. I will try putting the card back into the phone and see if I'm offered a choice of usage. If I am offered a choice I will select "external storage" and then see if it works the way I want it to. If it's still borked I will take it out again, format it, then try again. If it works the way it used to I'll try copying the contents of the folder back to the card and see if things work. My fear is that applications installed to the card will then fail to function but I suppose I could install them again. I will just have to try and see how things work out as I absolutely hate not being able to access the contents of the card when connected to the computer. How the heck am I supposed to copy a movie to the card if it doesn't work on the computer and I have no access to the folder in order to copy things to it? Stupid. Very stupid.
    04-30-2016 02:19 PM
    I gave in and did a full format on my card. It took forever as it's a large capacity card but I decided to do a full format rather than a quick format. I formatted the card exFAT. When it finally finished I stuck it back in the phone and it works just like it did before Marshmallow. I copied the contents back onto the card and am now a happy camper. What a pain in the ****.
    05-01-2016 01:30 PM
    I made my SD card an internal storage. is that a problem ?? if so how to revert it back... ? thanks.
    12-11-2016 07:43 AM
    Just a question for clarification, because I'm not sure about this, but did you reformat your SD card as internal storage?
    yes I reformatted SD card as a internal storage.
    What can I do now ?
    05-13-2017 01:34 AM
30 12