6.0 marshmallow update problems

A

AC Question

Now on tap was working for a while but doesn't now that changed from Google Now launcher to Smart launcher. Is it mandatory to use Google Now for these features to work? The dose feature has never worked on my Moto X Pure but has worked on my Nexus 6. Anyone have any advice for these issues.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I am on 6.0 and use Nova Prime as my launcher. Google Now On Tap works and so does Doze. So it's not dependent on sticking with Google launcher. Don't know a lot about Smart Launcher but you might need to check your launcher settings to activate Google Now On Tap.

Posted via the Android Central App

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm also using Nova. Doze works fine overnight. I don't use Google Now so can't comment about it, but don't think it's related.
Only problem is the swipe gesture to expand notifications in Nova that doesn't seem to work.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Doze is working with Google Now, overnight and when I don't touch the phone for a long while.Previously the device was using up to 46% of the battery overnight (8-9 hours), now it uses between 4-6%.

Last edited:

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Have a Bluetooth drain that jumps straight up to the top of my battery usage

There is a discussion in another thread about GasBuddy using Bluetooth now and hitting the battery hard. I haven't seen that yet, but I am keeping an eye out for it

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I had no trouble updating to 6.0 just prior to rooting.

Doze is working with Google Now, overnight and when I don't touch the phone for a long while.Previously the device was using up to 46% of the battery overnight (8-9 hours), now it uses between 4-6%.

Yikes. I would make some major notification changes if I were you. Eliminate apps running in background and drop your screen brightness down quite a bit. I run mine on 20% and never Auto. Remove active wallpaper if you have one.
I run my Pure for over two days before charging and do not have Doze or any other battery saver enabled as those eat up battery life themselves. I typically have had 20-30% left after 54hrs of use. I use my phone regularly and consumed 2.4GB last month on LTE and 5GB on wifi. I unplug at 4:30am when I leave for work and plug in to charge at 11pm the following day! I just rooted today so I expect similar or maybe even better performance since I'm now debloated but am running ad blocker apps so that is a trade off.
There is a discussion in another thread about GasBuddy using Bluetooth now and hitting the battery hard. I haven't seen that yet, but I am keeping an eye out for it

I have used Gas Buddy for 2yrs. Never had anything like that occur. With MM, you can reduce any apps intrusive capabilities as well. Not sure about limiting the bluetooth, but if you limit the app getting your contact and location, that should reduce the consumption.

iantelinside

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a Moto X Pure 16GB with a 64GB SD card. I recently got the notification to upgrade to marshmallow via OTA, but when the update is being installed, at the green robot screen, it says 'error' then the phone just reboots and the update doesn't get installed.

Has anyone else encountered this? Anyone have suggestions on what I can do to remedy it?

I've tried removing the Sim card, removing the SD card and even doing a factory reset but to no avail...

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have used Gas Buddy for 2yrs. Never had anything like that occur. With MM, you can reduce any apps intrusive capabilities as well. Not sure about limiting the bluetooth, but if you limit the app getting your contact and location, that should reduce the consumption.

Yeah, I have used Gas Buddy for a while, too, and have not seen a battery drain increase lately. It's apparently a new feature, based on the other discussion. I already have it denied my Camera and Contacts. Turning off location in Gas Buddy kind of defeats the purpose, IMO.

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I have used Gas Buddy for a while, too, and have not seen a battery drain increase lately. It's apparently a new feature, based on the other discussion. I already have it denied my Camera and Contacts. Turning off location in Gas Buddy kind of defeats the purpose, IMO.

I just entered in my zipcodes I travel in and store as favorites. Only a few since I have no life :) Takes two button pushes instead of one. I thought I wouldnt like it at first but I'm perfectly fine with it. I do the same with my Weather app. I just keep it as my billing zip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol