New to Android and need help setting up phone, can I please get some help?

jjefff

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
New to Android and need help setting up phone

Received my Moto PE yesterday and installed MM. I did make a gmail account so I could access the play store.
What i'm trying to do is set up my 3 different outlook.com email accounts. I really don't want to use the gmail account for anything except play store access.

1. Is it possible to have 3 separate outlook.com icons on the home page? (one for each email account) and can I rename them so that i'll know which icon is for which email address?

2. Is it possible to have weather and email notifacations for each of my 3 email accounts on the lock screen?

3. Can you recommend a good SMS app? I don't care for the stock one on this phone.

Thanks

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: New to Android and need help setting up phone

Hello! Welcome to Android Central!

1. Possibly. If the outlook app lets you have a widget for each account like the gmail app does.
2. No idea
3. Textra is a great SMS app. Chomp and Google Messenger are also good.

jjefff

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been using windows phones for some time now and love the OS. My glance screen shows date, time, weather, notifications for my 3 email accounts and number of new txt messages. My start screen has live tiles for email accounts, etc.
Trouble is there are not many windows phone choices that will work with tmobile. I did buy the 950XL and loved it along with windows 10 mobile, however, it was a duel sim phone and therefore wouldn't allow visual voice mail with tmobile.

So, i decided to give android a try, loving the wide choice of phones! I chose the Moto PE because of the notification screen and the great price! This phone is very nice, just couldn't get it set up the way i wanted. I hate to send it back.

I'll now wait and see if the rumors come true for a MS Surface phone next year (and keep checking android for new features so i can give it another try).

Thanks

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Been using a Window Phone so far as well. I have dabbled with Android in the past but never as the main driver. Trying out the Moto XPE as the main driver right now as my WP is busted and struggling with setting up multiple aspects "just right". Main issue I am dealing with is the Contacts app. It doesn't seem to synch correctly with the multiple accounts I have so that there are no duplicate entries and photos are pulled automatically from a particular account (like FB or LI or Hotmail). Any pointers?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital