Earlier this month, I received a notification that Marshmallow was ready to be installed, so I did so. After updating, I remembered a post on AC about the ability to format your SD card as internal storage. I bought a SanDisk Ultra 128GB Ultra Micro SDXC UHS-I/Class 10 Card specifically for my phone when I got it. (Phone via Motomaker, SD via Amazon). My phone was acting glitchy because there was so little space left internally (16 GB model, of which I swear 8 GB went to the OS). Before that, though, I had my Google Play Music and Play Movies settings to auto download to external. I did not think about this when choosing to reformat.

After reformatting the card, Play Music works perfectly fine. Movies, on the other hand, gives me an error message whenever I try to download one of my purchased movies/TV shows, claiming "External storage must be installed for this download." I tried to go back into settings, but the option for the internal/external storage option has disappeared. Music downloads fine, though.
    12-26-2015 09:30 AM
    Format it again, might solve your issue.
    12-26-2015 11:19 AM
    Yes, you would need to return your card to portable storage again, but first be sure to move anything off of it you don't want to lose.

Then change what settings you need to on your apps and then you could format as internal again.

I really did not have a good experience with my card formatted as internal storage though. I think MM might need another update or two before there are no bugs with that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2015 09:51 PM
    Wanted to try this new M feature because my Android One was running out of internal storage.
    Backed up my SD Card, formatted my SD card as internal storage, and when Android suggested moving around 1GB worth of apps and data to the newly formatted SD card, I did so (it ends up moving 3GB).
    What happen next:
    - Now I've lost the ability to transfer files from my computer using USB (I've tried re-choosing MTP. I also tried AirDroid, it doesn't work). I can't add back my audiobook and game files
    - A lot of frequently used apps don't work properly (Waze and Here refuses to open, lost SwiftKey's prediction because apparently prediction needs access to SD Card)
    - I can't even capture screenshots! Says that it isn't allowed by the app or my organization - File browsing no longer works (I use Total Commander)
    This is frustrating, to say the least. Luckily I backed up my SD Card before this.
    12-27-2015 11:35 PM