I just completed setting up my Moto XPE to my liking (almost) but noticed that my contacts are not set up "just right".

My contacts live in various places like LinkedIn, FB, MS and Google accounts. I have set up the Contacts app to synch with all these accounts. MS contacts was not straightforward as I use Outlook to access MS services and the contacts in there don't synch with the Android Contacts app. FB and Google don't seem to want to get along so that is another issue. So what I ended up doing is to set up my GMail app to connect with my Hotmail account but synch only the contacts as I prefer to use Outlook for my Hotmail emails.

However, what I am noticing is that none of the contacts have their photos. I was expecting that the Contacts app would automatically pull down the photos for the contact from one of the service accounts like say LI. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Any pointers on how I can get the Contacts app to automatically pull down photos?
    jchapman01 likes this.
    12-26-2015 02:31 PM
    I use the Sync.Me app.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    12-26-2015 02:36 PM
    I came across that while trying to figure this out but am not sure I want to install a third party app and provide login creds for all my accounts. No idea where that would be stored/used. Shouldn't this be natively available? Am I missing something or is native Android missing something fundamental? I remember this was not a problem on my Galaxy phones.
    12-26-2015 02:45 PM
    Samsung and HTC add that feature to their contact apps. Native Android provides the APIs but unfortunately Facebook and others aren't using them, so with a close to stock Android phone like the MPXE you have to go third party.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    12-26-2015 03:03 PM
    Thats a bummer! And people have no problem trusting their login creds to a third party app?
    12-28-2015 02:44 PM
    Did you ever find a solution for this or did you end up going with a third party app? I came from Windows Phone 8 and loved the FB contact photo integration.
    12-30-2015 06:40 PM