Bluetooth Disapears

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
mine has been having bluetooth, wifi and data issues....it'll just drop and I have to turn airplane mode off and on. I've also gotten frozen apps (even stock ones like the phone app and messenger) and random reboots.

called moto to see about getting it replaced....they want me to spend my time wiping it first before they will, which is ridiculous. im not resetting up a blank phone to turn around and resetup a blank replacement phone.

that's basically any and all tech support on phones. no company ever replaces a phone before you try wiping it first in case it's software related. i'm having the same issue too and really dreading wiping it to try to fix it... ugh.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
ok, guys/gals it's been awhile since i've posted. i did 3 factory resets before motorola aceepted to take it back. I spent $10 sending it back and the day they received it they emailed me to tell me. the very next day i received an email to tell me they are sending me a new phone.

Well it worked fine once i got it until today. now my bt has disappeared again and won't turn back on. just like before. I thought they sent me a new phone, but its my old phone. i checked the iemi number. they didnt do anything to fix it other than a factory reset, like i performed 3 times before spending $10 to send it to them. THEY DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO FIX MY PHONE.

GOOD JOB MOTOROLA YOU JUST LOST A CUSTOMER THAT HAS BEEN BUYING YOUR PHONES FOR YEARS!

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else done a factory reset and it NOT fixed the Bluetooth issues that some of us got after the Marshmallow update? I don't want to do it if it's not gonna work...

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes i did 4 total. i sent it back to motorola a 2nd time today. Told them if they Don't send me a new device i don't want my moto x back. And ill blast them on the internet as a company.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I sent my moto x in weeks ago. they keep prolonging the date they are sending it back to me, and they are not being truthful about the status of it. i think they lost my phone.

caryds

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else done a factory reset and it NOT fixed the Bluetooth issues that some of us got after the Marshmallow update? I don't want to do it if it's not gonna work...
Me. I did factory a couple of resets and then finally sent the phone back to moto for a replacement. The new phone had the same BT problems as the original one. It then occurred to disable the System UI Tweaker. I don't know why I thought to do that, but it completely solved my BT issues.

ChuchMontana

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Solution, reflash the bluetooth bin. A copy of Motorola's stock Android and ADB (fastboot) can help solve the issue. Had the same happen to me when I was messing around with custom ROMs; bluetooth didn't want to turn on. After flashing the BTFM.bin it solved my issue.

fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth still working on my Moto X.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition