No LTE icon in Status bar

Batttlecheese

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I updated my moto x pure edition to Marshmallow on T Mobile recently. I ran a Network detector app which showed I was on LTE yet the LTE icon doesn't show up. Is this a Marshmallow thing? Moto thing or T-Mobile thing? The LTE icon was there in Lollipop.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you on wifi? It doesn't show LTE if on wifi (even though you're still connected to it on the back end).

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I updated my moto x pure edition to Marshmallow on T Mobile recently. I ran a Network detector app which showed I was on LTE yet the LTE icon doesn't show up. Is this a Marshmallow thing? Moto thing or T-Mobile thing? The LTE icon was there in Lollipop.

LTE is a carrier brand, moto xpe will only say 4G when on LTE...Nothing to worry about.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The only LTE icon you should have is the 'LTE' letters above the signal strength. There is no other LTE icon on the Moto X Pure Edition. If you don't see that and the network detector app still shows you as being under LTE coverage then you may want to wipe cache and restart the phone.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
That is what you should see in the status bar.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 29771.jpg
    29771.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 72

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
LTE is a carrier brand, moto xpe will only say 4G when on LTE...Nothing to worry about.

For the Moto X Style (basically the same phone) this would be correct since outside they U.S. they only show "4G" for LTE devices. Within the U.S. a phone that is on LTE will correctly show "LTE" -- mainly because the U.S. is the only one who says "4G" when they mean the HSPA networks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
For the Moto X Style (basically the same phone) this would be correct since outside they U.S. they only show "4G" for LTE devices. Within the U.S. a phone that is on LTE will correctly show "LTE" -- mainly because the U.S. is the only one who says "4G" when they mean the HSPA networks.

FauxG. :)

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey