Has anyone else with a colored accent noticed any wear on the back where they place their finger? I just noticed the flat area around the dimple is almost completely work away on one side (I have blue). This thing is barely 2 months old, so I'm very unhappy!

Now I feel like I can't rest my finger on the dimple anymore
    12-29-2015 03:39 PM
    Mine looks new, also blue; a little more than 2 months old. Weird. Hope mine stays this way.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-29-2015 05:57 PM
    Champagne accents still look the same as day 1.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    radgatt and 312MotoGus like this.
    12-29-2015 09:21 PM
    Champagne accents still look the same as day 1.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Same here. Mine looks exactly how it looked the first day I got the device. I even tried to scratch it with my fingernail to see what would happen and it still didn't have any scratches appear.
    12-30-2015 07:32 AM
    Same here. Mine looks exactly how it looked the first day I got the device. I even tried to scratch it with my fingernail to see what would happen and it still didn't have any scratches appear.
    Scratching doesn't do anything in or around the faded blue on mine either. Really disappointed to see this at all, let alone so soon. I guess I just hope it doesn't get any worse!
    12-30-2015 02:24 PM
    Scratching doesn't do anything in or around the faded blue on mine either. Really disappointed to see this at all, let alone so soon. I guess I just hope it doesn't get any worse!
    Could you post a picture?
    Cam G likes this.
    12-30-2015 03:06 PM
    Here's a strange question, but could it have something to do with the metal reacting to your skin, sort of like how some people can't wear certain types of jewelry because it turns their skin green. If it does, and you use the phone pressed up against your skin, what about trying to use the phone with earbuds instead, just to see if the fading stays the same?
    01-01-2016 09:49 AM
    Could you post a picture?
    Sorry, it's been a busy week. I will try to post a picture later tonight.
    01-07-2016 09:31 AM
    Here's a strange question, but could it have something to do with the metal reacting to your skin, sort of like how some people can't wear certain types of jewelry because it turns their skin green. If it does, and you use the phone pressed up against your skin, what about trying to use the phone with earbuds instead, just to see if the fading stays the same?
    In your analogy, it is the human reacting to the material, and in my situation it's the material "reacting" to the human. Are you suggesting the oils of my skin are different than other's? :P

I'm not sure what you're saying about ear buds, as the fading I'm experiencing is happening in the metal dimple on the back, not the speakers on the front. I have, however, tried to put my finger in the dimple less often, but it's very hard to do unless I'm actively avoiding it.
    01-07-2016 09:36 AM
    I'm sorry, my mistake. I thought you meant the speakers, not the back. (Obviously, my speed reading abilities suck).
    01-08-2016 08:15 AM