Mobile Hotspot on Cricket Wireless working on Moto X Pure?

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Mot X Pure Edition in the mail today and am setting it up now! Does anyone know if the Cricket's hotspot service works? My last phone (HTC 8X) did not.

Thanks!
Chappy

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean setting up a Wifi hotspot using your phone?

Sorry for the confusion. I meant does anyone know if Cricket has enabled the ability to create a mobile hotspot on the Moto X? As in to send out a WiFi signal from the phone for others to connect to.

Thanks!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion. I meant does anyone know if Cricket has enabled the ability to create a mobile hotspot on the Moto X? As in to send out a WiFi signal from the phone for others to connect to.

Thanks!

Does Cricket allow tethering?

With no specific carrier builds for the Moto X Pure Edition, the option to set up a wireless hotspot should be available.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Cricket does allow Hotspot tethering, however it seems that not all phones are enabled. I figured that someone here might know specifically if the MXPE is enabled before I deal with calling Cricket.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Cricket does allow Hotspot tethering, however it seems that not all phones are enabled. I figured that someone here might know specifically if the MXPE is enabled before I deal with calling Cricket.

The option for Wi-Fi tethering is not blocked in the settings on the Moto X Pure Edition.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I ended up chatting with Cricket because i couldn't get it to work and it turns out they don't support mobile hotspot on non Cricket phones at this time. Supposedly they'll extend that feature, but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks everyone who replied!

Attachments

• 1451573610487.jpg
    1451573610487.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 44

Macville

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
It worked for me when I first got my Pure in early October, but it doesn't now. A message comes up that I need to contact ATT to enable tethering.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It worked for me when I first got my Pure in early October, but it doesn't now. A message comes up that I need to contact ATT to enable tethering.

But the option is there on the phone, right? It's your current plan that doesn't offer tethering.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, I ended up chatting with Cricket because i couldn't get it to work and it turns out they don't support mobile hotspot on non Cricket phones at this time. Supposedly they'll extend that feature, but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks everyone who replied!

Does tethering on Cricket need some special app?

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
No I don't think so. From what I got while speaking to a rep, they have to enable it on the network side and they've only enabled for select devices. Basically Cricket only devices.

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that mobile hotspot will work on the 2nd and 3rd gen Moto G but not the Pure Edition Moto X.

Just bought this MXPE yesterday and hotspot wouldn't activate. Had to use hotspot on the Moto G to get my MXPE set up.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Walnut covered MXPE

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
No I don't think so. From what I got while speaking to a rep, they have to enable it on the network side and they've only enabled for select devices. Basically Cricket only devices.
Besides the no-HotSpot issue with Cricket, how is your phone performing on Cricket...fully satisfied with your phone and with Cricket?
I ask because I'm considering doing the same thing in a few months. Thanks.

Macville

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Besides the no-HotSpot issue with Cricket, how is your phone performing on Cricket...fully satisfied with your phone and with Cricket?

I've been using my Moto X Pure on Cricket since early October and it works great. No issues what so ever. Reception is good, call quality is good. All is good except the friggin hot spot being disabled.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Go for it. My experience has been pretty good. I really wish that hotspot worked, but other than that it's great.

Posted via the Android Central App

Pecos NM

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5 and have been able to use the mobile hotspot feature for a couple of years with no issues. I recently purchased a Moto G4 and popped my SIM in it and the mobile hotspot feature doesn't work. It baffles me why some phones work and others don't. I returned the Moto G4 and hope my Nexus 5 will last a while longer. Why do carriers give a damn how I use the data I pay for?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish