Went Nexus 6. Miss Moto X

Air pirate

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
After retiring my Moto-X 2013, I waited for a deal on the Moto-X PE. I ended up getting a Nexus 6. Man oh man, I miss the Moto-X Touchless Commands. The Nexus has a beautiful screen, should get Marshmallow ( doesn't have it yet though, on Verizon), and has no bloatware. However, I really miss being able to drive and answer texts and send texts without taking my hands off the steering wheel. The Nexus will not do this. For those of you debating whether to go with Moto-X or Nexus, try to think about the value of being able to drive safely while texting, which you will only have with the Moto-X.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree. The driving assist feature is one of the very best things about the Moto X phones. Also had it on my Droid Ultra and Turbo and it worked very well... Especially when you have an older car that doesn't have Bluetooth features (Android Auto)!

I have the MXPE and also the Galaxy S6. The S6 is what I have activated right now (on Verizon) and I tend to forget it won't answer my calls or texts in the car. I plan to go back and forth between these 2 phones because I love them both, for different features. The camera on the S6 is awesome but the Moto features on the MXPE are hard to live without once you're used to them.

BTW, my husband has the Nexus 6 and absolutely loves it. He seems to be fine with just the ambient display. He also has had Marshmallow on it since November - and as said we're on Verizon - so I would think you should have it too by now?

Posted via the Android Central App

Air pirate

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
No Marshmallow yet. Since I was given this Nexus 6, I inserted the Verizon sim from my old Moto-X and fired it up. No problems, and I did get the December security patch. Now, I'm wondering if I need to install 6.0 manually or will it show up OTA at some point. I've been following the threads on the subject, but there seem to be a lot of different opinions. Yeah, I really like the Nexus 6, but I didn't realize how often I had been using the voice commands during my work commute. Now I miss those features. Thanks for your comments.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
No Marshmallow yet. Since I was given this Nexus 6, I inserted the Verizon sim from my old Moto-X and fired it up. No problems, and I did get the December security patch. Now, I'm wondering if I need to install 6.0 manually or will it show up OTA at some point. I've been following the threads on the subject, but there seem to be a lot of different opinions. Yeah, I really like the Nexus 6, but I didn't realize how often I had been using the voice commands during my work commute. Now I miss those features. Thanks for your comments.
I have one too on VZW. Never got an OTA MM update. Since I really don't use it as a daily driver, I pulled the sim card and did a factory reset and MM updated right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol