Hi,

I'm using my MXPE to record audio (primarily voice), and the signal is coming in way too hot--I'm getting distortion in the resulting file. Is there any way to control the gain of the input jack on the phone? If I go to Settings->Apps, there's something there called "Audio Effects," but there doesn't seem to be any way to actually open it from the regular UI.

The app I'm using is Easy Voice Recorder, and they pointed me towards hardware settings--they can boost the gain in the app, but not reduce it. I've tried a different app, but have the same issue.

Problem exists with a Sennheiser gaming headset and also with regular Etymotic earbuds w/microphone.

Thanks.
    01-05-2016 10:46 AM
    My guess is that Audio Effects is the equalizer settings currently accessed via the Google Play Music app post-Marshmallow.

I don't believe there is a way (in the normal UI) to adjust the input from the 3.5mm jack. Maybe there's a way if rooted but I haven't explored that.
    01-05-2016 10:33 PM
    Hi,

I'm using my MXPE to record audio (primarily voice), and the signal is coming in way too hot--I'm getting distortion in the resulting file. Is there any way to control the gain of the input jack on the phone? If I go to Settings->Apps, there's something there called "Audio Effects," but there doesn't seem to be any way to actually open it from the regular UI.

The app I'm using is Easy Voice Recorder, and they pointed me towards hardware settings--they can boost the gain in the app, but not reduce it. I've tried a different app, but have the same issue.

Problem exists with a Sennheiser gaming headset and also with regular Etymotic earbuds w/microphone.

Thanks.
    If you root your android, get the STweaks app, it lets you adjust gain settings for everything, like mic gain, speaker, headset, video camera and other gain settings.
    06-24-2016 03:45 PM