Contacts App in Marshmallow edition does not pull information from all accounts

svpurush

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Moto X Pure edition running Marshmallow. Google Contacts app does not show consolidated contacts from multiple accounts. I have added accounts such as Messenger, Whatsapp, Exchange, Gmail and Skype. However, the Contacts app only lists contact from Gmail and Skype. Contacts from all of the other accounts are not listed. If I open up the Outlook app (which is the Exchange account), I have all my contacts there. If I open up Messenger, I have the contacts there. But the Google Contacts app is not pulling from all these for some reason when I choose "All Contacts" or even pulling from Messenger when I choose " Messenger" only. Any help will be very much appreciated since all my contacts are in Exchange.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
In the Outlook app go to Settings, tap on your account, and make sure that Sync Contacts is turned on. That should allow them to show in the phone's Contacts app. If contact sync is already turned on and they aren't showing in the phone's app, just toggle the setting off and then on again. That worked for me to get them to show up in the phone's app. I don't use Messenger or WhatsApp so I can't help you there.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Moto X Pure edition running Marshmallow. Google Contacts app does not show consolidated contacts from multiple accounts. I have added accounts such as Messenger, Whatsapp, Exchange, Gmail and Skype. However, the Contacts app only lists contact from Gmail and Skype. Contacts from all of the other accounts are not listed. If I open up the Outlook app (which is the Exchange account), I have all my contacts there. If I open up Messenger, I have the contacts there. But the Google Contacts app is not pulling from all these for some reason when I choose "All Contacts" or even pulling from Messenger when I choose " Messenger" only. Any help will be very much appreciated since all my contacts are in Exchange.

I had this same issue and couldn't get Outlook or Facebook/ Messenger to sync.

I ended up going to my Outlook.com count and exporting my contacts, then going to gmail contacts and importing the file. (Never figured out how to sync messenger contacts)

That did it. Suxx though because I prefer Outlook/ Onedrive to Google and my contacts won't stay in sync with my Windows devices and accounts.

Posted via the Android Central App